Will I get childcare tax credit help

(3 Posts)
Cristabell2 Sun 04-Sep-16 21:23:01

Good evening,

Apologies if I'm putting this on the wrong board.

I was just wondering if anyone can help? I currently work part time as my partner works full time. When I spoke to the tax credit helpline I was told I would be entitled to 70% of my childcare cost paid. I'm not entitled to any other tax credits and when I done an online calculation the other night it told me I wasn't entitled to the 70% either. On another website it said if your total household income is less then 46,000 and you both work 16+ hours you would be entitled to the 70%. My childcare costs is going to be about 250 per month and our total household income is less then 46,000. My child is 2 so I'm not entitled to the free 15 hours yet. I just wondered if anyone could shed any light before I start looking for a second job in the evenings.

Thank you.

Coconut0il Sun 04-Sep-16 21:57:47

It's so confusing isn't it? We've had a change in circumstances so we've just been able to claim for the first time but it was very confusing.

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question, hopefully someone will be able to help soon.

Wittowoo Tue 06-Sep-16 20:53:17

Have you tried this

www.gov.uk/tax-credits-calculator

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now