When will he get it????

(2 Posts)
ktfs Fri 02-Sep-16 11:21:04

My DD is 11, she has friends, she has a social life, she has after school clubs ( or will have once she starts back Monday!)
When will her dad understand that she wants to do things and see her friends on weekends and in the evenings.
She sees him every other weekend and up until now has missed events that fall on his weekend. Net ball matches, friends sleep overs, birthday parties, family get togethers.
Recently she seems to have 'grown a pair' ( for want of a better description) and has been asking if she can get there later in order to be involved in things. To which he responds by blowing up at me because 'it always seems to be on his wknd'....No actually its all the time. She not telling him she doesn't want to see him, shes compromising with him by maybe staying a bit later on the Sunday ( this is all very grown up for an 11yo I think but she has stated doing this all by herself which I'm quite proud of actually)
When will he understand that she is going to want to do things on his weekends no just sit with him doing nothing when she could be out with her friends. Shes growing up but he doesn't see it!

0dfod Fri 02-Sep-16 11:29:17

He needs to have a long hard think about what sort of relationship he will have if he doesn't start to listen to her now. She is coming to an age where she can decide if she wants to see him or not. He could end up not having her at all if he doesn't start to parent rather than own her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now