I'm worried our family is going to implode

(3 Posts)
DaniSecker Wed 31-Aug-16 10:50:21

Me and my partner have been together nearly 8 years, have two beautiful children. But I have a history of postnatal depression that 5 years down the line still isn't properly resolved (it ebbs and dips). My partner has problems with mental health too although he'd never admit it. Our 5 year old daughter is going through a hard phase at the moment, her behaviour is atrocious. It's putting a huge strain on DP because she's outwardly nasty to him. For the past two days he's been withdrawn and quiet, because he's fed up of trying with her but her always wanting me. Ive been working a lot to try and keep our heads above water because his business isn't doing great. I'm having a low period, which means I'm struggling to support him, and vice versa. Our two year old is understandably picking up on everything, and he's firmly in the terrible twos which doesn't help.
I feel like we're drifting into deep water here and I don't know how to stop it. The obvious answers here is to get professionals involved but DP seems to be on destructive mode, which means that yet again it's down to me to sort the mess oup (if past history is anything to go by).
I just need a rant I think.

beginnersewer Wed 31-Aug-16 16:08:15

Sorry to hear you are having such a tough time. Has it been particularly hard because of the summer holidays? Will the children be going to school/pre-school soon?

beginnersewer Wed 31-Aug-16 16:09:12

PS sorry there are probably much more complex things to say about your situation but I have just found the summer holidays long with my 2.5 yr old.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now