Weirdest reason for a toddler tantrum?

(164 Posts)
glitterwhip Tue 23-Aug-16 19:53:42

My dd who's almost 2 has started crying and having a melt down every time I throw her dirty nappy in the bin ..I'm at a loss to understand the weird nappy related attachment she seems to have developed over the last few days?
Anyone else's little ones have an odd reason for a tantrum?

idontevencare Tue 23-Aug-16 19:59:03

Mine had a tantrum today because she wanted to wear her boots. She doesn't have any boots.

glitterwhip Tue 23-Aug-16 20:05:58

Mines currently having a tantrum because she can't get her foot into the sleeve of her brothers jumper hmm

MeredithShepherd Tue 23-Aug-16 20:59:25

My 2 year old DS had a tantrum because his bran flakes were brown. He doesn't like brown ones apparently. Only green ones hmm

LadyPenelope68 Tue 23-Aug-16 21:01:26

My DS (now 17) had his biggest tantrum as a toddler because the ice cream he'd asked for was cold! 😂

SusanAndBinkyRideForth Tue 23-Aug-16 21:04:11

Last night's tantrum, that actually continued into today once she remembered it - she wanted the orange berries from Tree Fu Tom. When I explained they weren't real just pretend, she just changed her demand to wanting g the pretend orange berries.

whifflesqueak Tue 23-Aug-16 21:05:49

he wanted a mini pork pie.

I presented the mini pork pie.

it wasn't on a plate.

I brought a plate.

the plate didn't have any cheese on it.

long day. sigh.

CoodleMoodle Tue 23-Aug-16 21:07:15

Today: "I REALLY WANT A BAAAAAAAAAAATTTTHHHHH!!!!!"

(We were dressed and ready and leaving the house at the time.)

Tootsiepops Tue 23-Aug-16 21:07:28

Mine is only 9 months, but she cries when I throw her ball up in the air and catch it confused

TeaBelle Tue 23-Aug-16 21:10:49

Last week dd had a tantrum because I wouldn't let her hug and kiss next door's wheelie bin envy

QuestionableMouse Tue 23-Aug-16 21:12:07

Little boy at work the other day was crying because 'his eyes were leaking.' His mum tried to explain but he wasn't having any of it.

Made my night.

ItchyFoot Tue 23-Aug-16 21:14:40

Dd had a tantrum today because she demanded a bath. I ran her a bath and then she flipped out because she now wanted to go to bed.

foxessocks Tue 23-Aug-16 21:17:28

My dd had a tantrum because she needed a wee but didn't want to go to the toilet (or the potty). She also has a meltdown at bed time because there was a robot in her room (there isn't).

suitsyousir79 Tue 23-Aug-16 21:20:45

When my son was about 2-3 (9 now), he threw a tantrum because i got my phone upgraded and gave me old one to dp. He wanted me to have my old phone back.

idontevencare Tue 23-Aug-16 21:25:17

My DD had a tantrum because DH took his shoes off in the hall, she wanted him to take them off in the living room. It was one of those times that he just thought "fuck it", put them back on and took them off in the living room. She was fine then.

pinocchiosnose Tue 23-Aug-16 21:25:30

Dd wanted to listen to the song whisky in the chair ( whisky in the jar ) . We were listening to it at the time .

Rainbowunicorn73 Tue 23-Aug-16 21:31:23

Loving this!!grin
About a year ago now ds had a massive paddy because I refused to mow the lawn wearing a plastic trifle bowl on my head.

Ninasimoneinthemorning Tue 23-Aug-16 21:32:22

Ha ha these are great grin

My three year old dd kicked off on Sunday because she needed the pair of sissors she has found as she was spidy girl (sang in a paw patrol tune)

Apparently I was 'mean' when I took them off her for saftey 😒

ElectronicDischarge Tue 23-Aug-16 21:36:24

Wouldn't let her eat a live charging cable. Also wouldn't let her take her nappies from the bin. Such a horrible mum

LottieDoubtie Tue 23-Aug-16 21:42:57

Offered him wellies ''NO WELLIES'' scream.

Literally 10 seconds later

''WANT WELLIES'' scream.

sigh

glitterwhip Tue 23-Aug-16 21:46:17

lol hilarious! My nappy obsessed toddler doesn't seem as weird now grin

Missymoomoo1979 Tue 23-Aug-16 21:46:48

Any time we turn Paw Patrol off, even if we've had it on for 8 hours straight.

namechanger90 Tue 23-Aug-16 21:49:33

DS had a tantrum because I couldn't read his mind. winewinewine

MrsPeel1 Tue 23-Aug-16 21:50:14

So many but the one I was least able to do anything about was when DS threw a paddy because I wouldn't give him my heart.
He wanted to hold it.

unlimiteddilutingjuice Tue 23-Aug-16 21:53:36

Learning the population of London:

Me: Look we're in London- this is my city!
Him: No! My City!
Me: You have to share it. ...with 8 million people
Him: Waahaaa! (throws self on floor)

This happened in Euston station at rush hour. I am an idiot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now