Slim toddler clothes recommendations please!

(12 Posts)
Spraoi Mon 22-Aug-16 23:01:08

DD is 2.4, recently toilet trained, 90cm tall and a little over 10kg - so just under the 50th centile for height and just under 9th for weight. She's petite generally with tiny feet, shoulders and waists.

I'm looking for clothes which will fit in length but not swamp her, which are easy on and off (for toilets!) and ideally have adjustable waists? At the moment everything she has is from Zara, Mango and Vertbaudet, with a few Petit Bateau things- she is just growing out of the 18-24 month stuff length wise but they are generally still loose at the waist and just perfect across shoulders. Happy for a mix of prices.

BentleyBelly Mon 22-Aug-16 23:25:48

My dd is the same, except shorter. She turns 3 next week and since potty training most of her leggings fall down. I like Tu from Sainsburys, they are pretty good quality for the price. She is comfortably in their 18-24 month ones now. Tops I like Vertbaudet and we have some pretty little dresses from Nutmeg in Morrisons, getting a bit short but ok with leggings. I didn't know Mango do toddler clothes, will look next time I go into town.

Noseypoke Tue 23-Aug-16 09:06:07

H&m

VioletWillow Tue 23-Aug-16 11:11:01

Vertbaudet is good, they have three waist sizes for trousers and my daughter (who is around the same proportions)fits perfectly in their slim fit jeans without adjusting the waistband. Gap are also pretty good.

Spraoi Tue 23-Aug-16 19:48:49

Thanks- I didn't realise Vertbaudet had a slim fit, I'll try some of them. I have found most of the sainsburys stuff is too wide and falls off. I'll have a look at Gap too. Bentley mango do toddler clothes, fairly slim fit and adjustable waists. Very limited selection though. Having the same problem with leggings since toilet training!

VanellopeVonSchweetz99 Tue 23-Aug-16 19:51:29

Baby Gap are slim fitting in my experience. Tumble drying can help shrink things.

Jemimapuddleduk Tue 23-Aug-16 19:55:42

Baby gap is slim fitting in the pull on jegging type jeans and cords. They wash really well and you can turn up the bottoms. Boots leggings are quite slim fit too.

dementedma Tue 23-Aug-16 19:59:44

I can't help sorry. Can't even visualise a slim toddler. Mine were all chubby and erm, cuddly! grin. Ok, they were little Sumos despite a healthy diet. But I did get nice stuff in Vertbaudet I seem to remember.

purpleme12 Tue 23-Aug-16 22:32:30

My little girl's 3 in a couple of months and is 87 cm and skinny as anything. Still fits into her 9-12 m month shorts. Generally primark are the best fit around the waist. They're the ones I've found the most to fit. Otherwise look for the adjustable waists but ones which have about 4 or 5 buttons each side as opposed to 2 - I've got a pair from m&s and boots like this but am not sure if they do all their trousers like that as I haven't shopped there, mine were 2nd hand

purpleme12 Tue 23-Aug-16 22:33:24

Otherwise dungarees and dresses are the best bet!!

Nan0second Tue 23-Aug-16 22:36:28

Sainsburys new autumn winter is very slim fit. Lots of leggings and tunic style bits!

Spraoi Wed 24-Aug-16 00:04:49

I'm constantly on the look out for adjustable waists! Problem is they seem commonplace on jeans but not so much on leggings/tracksuit type trousers which are more suitable for her now she's toilet trained. She has very narrow shoulders too but can usually manage dresses and tops by buying 18-24months stuff in some places, but has longish legs so trousers are a problem. And size 4 narrow feet so shoes are also difficult!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now