Sleep issues - for mum!

(4 Posts)
almmummy Tue 09-Aug-16 20:45:00

So I am struggling to get back to sleep after night feeds. I was fine for the first few months but the mumsomnia is kicking in - I seem to remember this happening with DD around the four-month-old stage. Has anybody experienced similar? I was wondering if this is the time your body becomes so accustomed to waking up/short stints of sleep that you actually NEED less. Hope not - I love what sleep I can snatch! Let me know your experiences - ta!

LittleBee23 Tue 09-Aug-16 20:47:16

I was like this with dd1. Was crap!! Funnily enough it never happened with dd2 lol.

Nottalotta Tue 09-Aug-16 20:51:49

Ds slept uncharacteristically well last night, 7 - 2 (I was awake by 12.45 waiting for him to wake up) fed him, put back in cot and stayed wide a bloody wake til he woke up at 4.10. He fed/dozed til 5. Ugh.

almmummy Wed 10-Aug-16 12:33:34

Why does it happen??? Seems so cruel to be awake when baby is actually asleep. Although I guess it is arguably worse when you are on your knees desperate for sleep and they won't sleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now