Lenny Lamb - Ergo or Mei Tai... advice, please

(7 Posts)
xyogafix Sun 07-Aug-16 16:09:25

Hi there, I'm just about going out of my mind deciding between a Lenny Lamb Mei Tai and an Ergo. And then there is the sizing. From what I can see on the website, a toddler Mei Tai is suitable from 10 months, but the toddler Ergo from 1.5 years. My smallie is 8 months, on the 75th centile and with a long back, so I'm thinking it might make sense to invest in a toddler, as opposed to baby sized option, but that only makes sense if I'd be going for the Mei Tai. What are your experiences? I would get to a sling meet but I'm away for the next one in my community, at the end of the month, and I'd really like to order something soon. Cheers smile

gubbinsy Sun 07-Aug-16 18:36:34

We have an Ergo which we used from 5 ish months and I can still carry 2.9 year old in it now (back most comfy). Was just the normal Ergo.

xyogafix Sun 07-Aug-16 19:44:16

Thanks so much smile

FireflyGirl Sun 07-Aug-16 22:24:02

Why not get all three? grin

You should look up a local sling library. If there isn't one, there is a lady who does postal hire. Can't remember the name, but it should come up on a Google search. Good luck!

xyogafix Mon 08-Aug-16 15:43:51

Thanks thinking about its a sling thing smile

NatureCreatesFreaks Mon 08-Aug-16 22:34:16

I'd get a lenny lamb buckles

teenmumandsowhat Mon 08-Aug-16 22:38:26

Definitely go to a sling library.
I've had 4 different brands of carrier, I started off with an ergo but my 2yr old managed to backflip out of it, mid tantrum.
So I currently have a Tula, a connecta and a sleepy Nico. All very good carriers, and all ever so slightly different.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now