Sick 3 month old ... Advice?

(4 Posts)
LittleNettle Fri 05-Aug-16 19:50:52

My 3 month old baby - who is never physically sick, began vomiting last night.
Her temp is okay and although very sicky last night/early this morning she has only been sick once today following a feed.
Since she began vominitng she has only had one feed (the one she sicked up) as she couldn't keep anything down, but I have been using rehydration sachets to keep her hydrated.
I was wondering - if you manage to feed, would you stop the rehydration sachets?
When/how much would you start feeding?
How is best to put her down to sleep tonight - so terrified of her being sick in her sleep?
Thankyou

Hensintheskirting Fri 05-Aug-16 20:01:55

Are you breastfeeding? If so, then I would just keep feeding whenever she wants it (rather than the rehydration soln) and just be prepared for more sick. Get lots of towels to cover everything in, spare clothes and bedding etc and just have everything to hand. I'm sure it'll pass soon - all you can do is put her down as usual and be ready. Hope you get a good night

YumYumThePig Fri 05-Aug-16 20:03:52

I'd stop the sachets if she's keeping some milk down.

Maybe feed her half her normal amount first and see if she brings that up-unless she's desperate for more. Then I'd give her a little more.

As for the sleeping, leave her however she's comfortable. Babies are very good at spitting out the necessary sick (from experience)

LittleNettle Fri 05-Aug-16 20:22:13

Thankyou - she is my first and this is the first time she has been sick so I am rather nervous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now