I just do not fit in....

(2 Posts)
Keepcalmanddrinktea Thu 04-Aug-16 23:42:06

...or at least this is what it feels like, when I interact with other mums from DD' s school (independent girls only primary)....I generally get along with everyone, and at work I am known to be very social, easy going and very approachable......fast forward at the school gate (those few times I do pick ups) Or at birthday parties or at social events and I am shaking inside as it all feels very scary, I do not show off naturally (I am more the geeky type of person), become very conscious of not being a native (English is my second non-native language but got high sec education in English and I use it at work, it is actually pretty good, yet.....)
I just feel useless, I then become so emotional at home, DH thinks I make it up, but when I feel pushed out if the clique, it really gets me down, there quite few who like me/us so I have the tangible proof I am not a lost case....
Why I feel very comfortable socially at work and I am a mouse outside?
What is wrong with me and how can I fit in with everyone?
confused sad

Ffion3107 Thu 04-Aug-16 23:51:43

Just pinning here as I have the same issue.
DD's at nursery, I get on with the staff and feel comfortable with them, but once I see another parent I get red faced for no reason and am unable to hold a conversation with them. I'm in North Wales and my first language is Welsh, but so are the other Mums.
I'm attending a wedding tomorrow with DP (his friend's wedding). And while I do get along with the men's partners (all English), I feel like I don't belong in their conversations, and I start shaking because I'm conscious about my English.

You're not alone OP!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now