Anyone not use grobags?

(19 Posts)
Tinks15 Thu 04-Aug-16 19:32:35

If so what do you use? Sometimes my 12 month old DD seems to get agitated in hers. Just wondering what the alternative is really.

dementedpixie Thu 04-Aug-16 19:38:50

At 12 months you could use a lightweight quilt or sheets and blankets instead of a grobag

Muddlingalongalone Thu 04-Aug-16 19:43:33

I used them with dd1 til she was way over 2 but Dd2 never really took to them. I used blankets & warmer fleecy sleepsuits in winter & then tried her with a junior duvet which she still has although invariably pulls off.
A word of warning though - DD1 never climbed out of her cot & probably couldn't because of global whereas Dd2 appeared one night aged 17 months & I had to put her in a bed early

Portobelly Thu 04-Aug-16 19:49:42

My son has never got on with it, much prefers being uncovered, and when I'm concerned he'd be cool, I put him in a Merino wool baby grow, which will keep his temperature maintained, not too hot, not too cold.

Missgraeme Thu 04-Aug-16 19:51:59

Ds 23 months can take his off. Pj's and a few blankets. Sleeps at least 13 hours every night!

ijustwannadance Thu 04-Aug-16 19:52:15

I never used them at all. DD hated being restricted and screamed blue murder if I tried to put her in one. As PP said, blankets and thicker sleepsuits PJ's if cold. Or just buy a toddler duvet.

liquidrevolution Thu 04-Aug-16 19:53:52

Stopped using them at 9 months. DD hated them! She is still alive so I imagine it hasnt affected her too much grin

BendydickCuminsnatch Thu 04-Aug-16 19:55:28

Haven't used grobags since about 8 months, he was just in PJs and that's it. He's just been in in pj top or nappy in the heat, he now has a duvet and pillow for colder days but never goes under the duvet. He's now 14 months.

trilbydoll Thu 04-Aug-16 19:56:22

Mine both got really tangled in them, I barely even bothered with dd2. They don't like covers either. In winter dd2 wears the 2.5 tog snuggle suits from Jojo, then if it's too warm for them a variety of pjs / vests depending on the temperature. DD1 is just in a nappy most of the year, she's recently decided she quite likes her duvet but she's not interested in pjs.

Minkybinkyboo Thu 04-Aug-16 19:58:07

Never used them. DD hated it when I tried. Just used blankets tucked in - but she was a hot baby and would wiggle out from them! Just made sure she had a good pair of pjs!

BendydickCuminsnatch Thu 04-Aug-16 20:18:01

It's funny, loads of adults sleep naked, with no covers or both, so why do we think kids should be any different? grin

CobsAhoy Thu 04-Aug-16 21:39:22

I've never used one, DD 10months and we have always just used sleep suits and blankets.

Dixiechick17 Thu 04-Aug-16 21:54:18

I just use a thin fleece blanket with a cellular blanket. However, at the moment, nothing as her room is quite warm and she just kicks them off.

Daisyandbabies Thu 04-Aug-16 22:01:44

Never used them, both my kids hated them. I used cellular sheets as newborns but as soon as they could kick them off, they used nothing. They still don't like covers at aged 23 months and 4 years and so i just make sure they are suitably dressed for the temperate

Littlecaf Thu 04-Aug-16 22:28:17

DS hated them. We always used blankets and now he's 18m he has a duvet.

Littlecaf Thu 04-Aug-16 22:30:13

Although he always sleeps on top of it!

Tinks15 Thu 04-Aug-16 22:37:09

Thanks everyone appreciate all your replies, i think i might get the blankets out and give them a try. Then maybe in a few months try a toddler duvet. Surprising how many babies dont actually like the grobags i hear so many people rave about them.

Misty9 Sun 07-Aug-16 22:35:55

Dd hated them so we used padded sleepsuits. Lifesaver. Now at 2.3 she sleeps in just pjs and no cover.

skankingpiglet Mon 08-Aug-16 22:59:56

I think people rave about them because they are great for parents Tink. No worry about them getting the blanket over their head and smothering themselves, no kicking it off in the night requiring a parent to get up and recover them.

I used them for DD1 until 16mo for the above reasons. She was an awful sleeper and never managed to sleep through until her first night in a toddler bed with a duvet. I'm convinced the huge improvement to her sleep was down to the duvet. She likes to spread out, and will regulate her body temperature by sticking a leg or two out as necessary.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now