Infacol and Colief...

(11 Posts)
superwormissuperstrong Sat 30-Jul-16 21:57:47

Can I give both to my baby? We had been using infacol and it seemed to help her to burp but wasn'the easing the discomfort. So have tried colief and it seems to be working but now struggling to wind her.
Thanks

dementedpixie Sat 30-Jul-16 22:01:32

I would think so as they are both comepletely different products

thescruffiestgiantintown Sun 31-Jul-16 08:02:54

They are completely different products but neither shown to be effective in clinical trials as with all colic medicine. How old is your DD?

superwormissuperstrong Sun 31-Jul-16 08:42:48

Nearly 7 weeks old.
Is there any danger in giving her both? The colief seems to have made a big difference - sleeping better and less 'hyper' with her movements.

MaMattoo Sun 31-Jul-16 08:47:09

The midwife told me off the Record that Infacol is better than colief. Also said that both take time to build up and be of use in a week or so of use. So the effectiveness depends on the period of use. I don't know if that helps. My son had a horrible bout of it for 3 weeks when he was 6-7wo and it was a nightmare but Infacol kicked in after 5 days or so of use and I changed what I was eating as well. Hth!

dementedpixie Sun 31-Jul-16 08:51:04

Depends what the issue is. Colief breaks down lactose so may help if there are issues with the sugars in the milk. Infacol is supposed to help with wind issues

shitwithsugaron Sun 31-Jul-16 08:52:30

We gave both to DD smile

superwormissuperstrong Sun 31-Jul-16 10:42:44

Thanks I will give both!
To be fair I think she probably suffers from both issues. There seems to be a common theme with her dad and sister that if they have too much dairy they have upset tummies but it's not so bad that it's an allergy as they can tolerate a small amount. And i'm aware that her latch isn't perfect so she's clicking and gulping air when she feeds but am finding it hard to avoid it - especially daytime feeds where we're in public or with people and I want to feed discretely rather than whopping out my enormous boobs and constant fiddling while leaking everywhere to get a slightly better latch...

Owlytellsmesecrets Sun 31-Jul-16 10:48:08

We used coleif and gripe water for burping !!! Worked a treat X

cherrypiemay16 Sun 31-Jul-16 19:27:03

I'm trying infacol and gripe water but to be honest still haven't seemed to sort the trapped wind issues. I think it's ok to give them all together but hard to work out what works and what doesn't sometimes.

thescruffiestgiantintown Mon 01-Aug-16 23:46:27

It sounds like the feeding is the real problem here. You might want to cut out dairy too. But no, there's certainly no danger to giving one or both.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now