Sleep till 930
Feed
Sleep till 2ish
Feed
Sleep till 5ish
Feed
Sleep till toddler wakes us up angry
How do I get the sleeps to be longer!!!
Baby Breast fed and have started weaning - no change in length of feeds!

BastardBernie Wed 27-Jul-16 21:47:16

I guess hes simply hungry! He is only 6 months old I suppose, what a little chubb! You must feel absolutely exhausted, I really do know how you feel.
I did offer water to my baby and he took it, although I also started leaving him 5 minutes at a time gradually increasing to ten if he was just shouting, rather than crying at the same time, so not sure whether it was teaching him to self settle or the water.
What are his day time naps like?
I really hope a magical mnetter comes along and gives you a solution, it doesn't last forever honestly (annoying but so true!)

Gardenbirds123 Wed 27-Jul-16 21:50:31

Day time goes ok it's just the 2-5 am slot that's killing me! ESP as toddler gets us up at 7
Gahhh!
Would love to do the leaving to self settle thing but we are all in the same room (me, 6mo and 2.5 y old) and if baby wakes toddler its sadangrysad
Bah

Gardenbirds123 Wed 27-Jul-16 21:51:23

(DH abroad and no other bedrooms)

FabFiveFreddie Wed 27-Jul-16 22:02:06

No help here, but can confirm that my DS has pretty much exactly the same pattern at exactly the same age (although you're getting a bit longer than I am before the 2am waking). Also, I just had an every-two-hours night. I think he's having a growth spurt.

Also ebf and spend most of the early hours wondering about relative cruelty of night weaning...

graysor Thu 28-Jul-16 06:58:41

No help here either I'm afraid. My 7 mo dd is similar, but usually with at least one more wake and impossible to settle back to sleep after 5 sad.

Fab five - I'm also seriously considering night weaning. Although last night I tried to rock her back to sleep when she woke at 2.30 as she fed at 1.30. She cried solidly in my arms for an hour before I gave up and fed her again. So I'm not particularly optimistic!

Gardenbirds123 Thu 28-Jul-16 21:33:43

Haha well I'm pleased to hear I'm not alone at least. Think I will just have to start going to bed earlier!(2hrs ago then!)😳

suspiciousofgoldfish Fri 29-Jul-16 13:10:39

Give a bottle of expressed milk at night? That way you can be sure he's getting plenty.

My kids seemed to snack away sleepily on the boob at night, and then kept waking up every two hours like you say.

One day I had enough, and it worked - they woke, I shoved a bottle in, they downed it, slept for hours.

And yes definitely go to bed early, like at 8pm!

Good luck, it will get better soon.

TheViewFromTheSheepSeats Fri 29-Jul-16 13:47:41

My DD is nearly 7mo and we pile the milk into her in the daytime, formula fed (as I suffer from a bizarre condition that means I have had all milk ducts removed) but she will take between 30-40 oz of milk in the day and then rarely wakes hungry in the night.
It may be just temperament, in which case you have just got to stick it out flowers
But I would be very tempted to move the cot into the living room as you and your toddler may be disturbing the baby? Just a thought!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now