Nap time nightmare!

(5 Posts)
MamaRoo87 Mon 25-Jul-16 08:50:51

I'm after some sleep advice please?

My DD is 6 months old and generally is a great sleeper once asleep. The problem is getting her to sleep.

At night, we have a bath, book, bottle a little cuddle and then I'll put her down and she's happy to wriggle around her cot until she eventually falls asleep which could take 5-45 mins .... And very, very rarely cries out.

At nap time though, she will not drift off by herself without being held by me and rocked up and down, whilst listening to her favourite song ('Bear Necessities' for those who were wondering!) once she's asleep, I'll put her in her cot and she's fine, but its becoming a bit of an issue especially as she won't nap for my husband at all!

Can anyone offer advice about how to break the nap time cuddle bond?

TIA xx

BexusSugarush Mon 25-Jul-16 09:39:14

Can't offer any advice but can reassure you that many people are in the same rocky boat. Our 7month old DD won't nap until she can't hold her head up anymore. We've started to notice those cues and hold her until she falls asleep, then we put her down. We don't mind though; it's one of the only time she'll allow us to hug her!

Missgraeme Mon 25-Jul-16 09:46:46

Would u be happy if she napped in the pram /buggy? Maybe easier to put her in it while u are busy and she can watch u til she falls asleep? Or music channel always got my son to sleep!

MamaRoo87 Mon 25-Jul-16 10:46:40

I must admit, I don't mind rocking her as she won't be able to snuggle into me forever, so I'm making the list of every snuggle nap whilst I can.

She does like her buggy to sleep in as well to be fair, but usually when we're walking around....but I might try it in the house as well and see how she takes to it!

Thank you both xxx

GoldPlatedBacon Mon 25-Jul-16 11:51:13

I have a similar issue. My 12 month old will happily sleep in her cot at night (albeit wakes 2/3 times), will generally go to sleep by herself quite easily but under no circumstances whatsoever will she nap in her cot. All her naps are in her pushchair in the living room. I gave up trying to get her to nap in her cot months ago and it was a good decision imo - as long as she sleeps I'm hay plus it's quite handy if I want to pop out as she's already in her pushchair. Also, I find she sleeps much better in the pushchair when we're at home as opposed to out and about

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now