Daughters 4th bday party - best time on weekend.

(4 Posts)
LaydeeVF Thu 21-Jul-16 09:10:10

So I'm planning my DDs birthday party and just wanted to see what time people think is best on weekend?
I've never organised a child's party before and don't want to make any faux pas's.
My plan is to have a 2 hr party at 11am on a sat, my thinking is that it's early and out the way for the rest of the weekend and it will fall over lunch time so I can feed the children, sending them home full and tired.
Do people think this is ok?
I didn't want to do Sunday mornings in case people like a lie in or go to church or have family dinners and I didn't want an afternoon as I feel like I'm always hanging around waiting for afternoon parties, but that might just be me and in the minority.
Look forward to hearing your thoughts x

LotsOfDots Thu 21-Jul-16 09:14:23

I tend to avoid Saturday mornings as quite a few children have extra curricular activities at that time, however at 4 they might still be young enough to not be embroiled in that! I generally like Sunday afternoons best.

LaydeeVF Thu 21-Jul-16 16:51:35

Yes it was my concern that a lot of people have extra curricular stuff on sat mornings, like you said wondering if I might avoid it for 4th bday or whether I should rethink it hmm

whatyouseeiswhatyouget Fri 22-Jul-16 09:53:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now