tips for little girls hair please

(5 Posts)
twirlytwit Thu 21-Jul-16 08:07:33

My little girl (16m) has fairly long hair, but it doesn't seem to have a parting. It goes straight forward over half her face like cousin IT! I can tie it back in the daytime with little hair elastics but can't put her to bed in them as she can and will pull them out. She tolerates these better than little clips or Alice bands though. Doesn't seem to be bother her at all but she does look very scruffy when it's not done up.
Don't really want the upkeep of a fringe either (son a nightmare at hairdressers, has put me off!) but that maybe our only option?

skankingpiglet Thu 21-Jul-16 16:26:40

Would it benefit from a bit of a tidy-up at the hairdressers? No need to cut in a fringe, but I find a little bit off the ends plus a bit of evening up makes their hair look a lot less scruffy.

Why would you want to put her hair up at night? It's been some years since I had long hair, but I'd always take it down before bed as it's uncomfortable to lie on.

wiltingfast Thu 21-Jul-16 16:33:05

Just keep brushing it the way you want it. I had a bit of this with my DD, she had two partings on her head and very fine hair. Over the years with constantly brushing it more or less goes in one direction now instead of three grin

She's 5 now btw.

It took a bit of time grin

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Thu 21-Jul-16 16:42:42

A hairdresser told me to not cut a fringe into their hair when they are very young, something about their head growing very quickly at that age and the fringe ending up starting far too back.(?) I had the same problem and just used to clip it to one side during the day.
By the end of the day, it was usually glued in place with food grin

Littleoakhorn Thu 21-Jul-16 21:33:22

I recommend mashed banana as hair gel. Or at least my dd does smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now