7week old constantly bf

(6 Posts)
Nicnac81 Sun 17-Jul-16 18:30:04

Today it seems that my little one has not stopped feeding and is not sleeping during the day...Could this be something to do with the weather?

Any help/ advice would be great, I don't think my boobs can take anymore!!!

RNBrie Sun 17-Jul-16 18:38:47

My 2 week old has been a lot more unsettled today than I'm used to and feeding every hour or so. I'm presuming it's the heat and she's hot and thirsty.

We've just had a cool bath together and I'm now feeding her skin to skin (we are both naked!) to see if it helps regulate her temperature a bit. She seems a lot more relaxed but waiting to see how the evening works out.

Purplebluebird Sun 17-Jul-16 18:44:23

I used to let my baby suck my (clean) little finger! He was happy and so were my boobs!

youcantakethegirloutof Sun 17-Jul-16 18:45:31

They cluster feed a lot at that age - just find somewhere comfy, lots of water & snacks & go with it! It will get easier! smile

Nicnac81 Sun 17-Jul-16 18:53:21

Thank you all, I was thinking it may be the heat that's causing her to be so needy in the bf department... Stuck the fan on to cool the room in the hope it helps!

Hubby is making sure I am fully hydrated and comfortable 😊

pointythings Sun 17-Jul-16 19:00:05

In hot weather you make more watery milk to keep her hydrated. Nature is doing its thing for both of you. Go with it and make sure you are drinking enough - glad your OH is on hand to help. It's hard when it's like this, been there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now