Childs safety

(3 Posts)
user1468774655 Sun 17-Jul-16 18:19:28

I'm posting on behalf of my friend to help her realise she has done the right thing.
My friends partner was abusive towards her and their one year old son.
He was emotionally, financially and sexually abusive towards her an physically abusive towards their son.
It started with the father swearing/shouting at his son. Then he hit this son at 11 months old across the arm hard enough to leave marks for 15 mins. After this he showed no remorse. Then he slapped his son across the face and threw something at him. Then the last instance was when he bit his sons fingers.
At that point my friend finally found the courage to get help from social services and domestic abuse. She was advised to leave and stay with family for their safely. Her son is safe and hasn't seen his father for a few weeks as my friend has been advised not to let her son have contact with his father until supervised contact is set up.
The father has been sending her messages saying she's a lair and threatening her with court etc. Even now he is still manipulating her and making her doubt her decision. I guess I'm posting to show her and give her piece of mind she has done the right thing. Thanks

Wolfiefan Sun 17-Jul-16 18:23:12

She has done exactly the right thing. She is keeping her child safe. She needs to show social services (or whoever is her advocate) the messages he has been sending.

user1468774655 Sun 17-Jul-16 19:58:13

Thank you for your reply. I will show it to her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now