Dribble advice

(9 Posts)
Vix17 Sat 16-Jul-16 21:30:50

Does anyone have any ideas how I can keep my 9mo DD dry? She is a very dribbley baby and when she is teething it is just a constant stream so she is damp/wet all the time.We have tried bibs but it just seems like we can't change them fast enough. It is making her eczema flare up under her chin and on her tummy. So want to try and help her to be more comfortable.

orangebird69 Sat 16-Jul-16 21:37:35

Use fleece backed bibs like ikeas - they are amazing. And cover the area of skin in a layer of lansinoh. And be prepared to go through 8-10 bibs a day. My ds has been teething since he was 4 months - he's now 9 months with no dribble rash to speak of.

FATEdestiny Sat 16-Jul-16 21:44:22

Lots of bibs a day is probably the answer. I go through 3 a day on average when not teething. Some days it might be 5 or 6

AndroidAddict Sat 16-Jul-16 21:47:07

When my dc were babies I used to put nappy rash cream under their chins and around their necks. They didn't get sore necks, even dd who had reflux and was constantly possetting and sicking up her milk.

Vix17 Sat 16-Jul-16 21:54:21

Thanks for the suggestions, we are going through around 10 bibs a day atm. Will try looking for the fleece ones orangebird

KatyN Sat 16-Jul-16 22:26:39

We have some bibs from next which don't soak through. That light stop her top getting wet. But if the problem is dribble on the chin then a new tub of nappy rash cream for faces and not bottoms is in order!

FATEdestiny Sun 17-Jul-16 10:20:27

If you use a dummy, limiting it to only when sleeping may help. The dummy itself can create dribble and also the area around the mouth between skin and dummy is hard to keep dry.

ladybirdsaidneveraword Sun 17-Jul-16 10:32:57

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mum2Mum-Bandana-Wonder-Multipack-Navy/dp/B0052UY5ZO
Try these, we used to go through 9-10 bibs a day, but these are much more absorbent without feeling sopping wet. We can get away with 2-3 a day and they wash and tumble very well. I always felt they were worth the extra cost, particularly as my son is still using bibs bought 4 years ago for my daughter!

BexusSugarush Sun 17-Jul-16 13:57:01

Lovjoy bibs on Amazon are amazing for the dribble problem!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now