Own room

(9 Posts)
bugsey123 Sat 16-Jul-16 10:39:26

I know this topic has been done to death but I'm just wondering about when you did the transition and your experiences.. Was it difficult? Xx

Daffodil90 Sat 16-Jul-16 17:10:05

We put DD in her own room at 5 months. The first night she went 9 hours without waking! Most id slept since being about 6 months pg.
It took a few nights to get used to, with the monitor etc, but best thing we ever did.

bugsey123 Sat 16-Jul-16 17:22:13

I'm sure he will sleep through when we switch but just so nervous sad

Daffodil90 Sat 16-Jul-16 18:24:59

I was nervous too, it was weird being in a different room but I thought of it like the longer she stayed in with us the more used to it she'd get and the harder it'd be on her and us.
We got a video monitor which helped a lot because I could watch her as much as I wanted smile
How old is your DC?

bugsey123 Sat 16-Jul-16 18:34:42

He's 3 months. I know they say 6 months but we are waking him up he's a very light sleeper and when he wakes it's not for milk, we have a snuza- it clips on to the nappy and alarms if his breathing becomes to shallow and stops breathing.. And a video monitor.. If I think about it he is gonna be like 1.5 m away from me just a wall separating us xx

Daffodil90 Sat 16-Jul-16 20:05:58

That was part of our problem too, really cheap bed was squeaking and waking her up. I've read on here plenty of people who have put them in their own room at 3 months and before.
Guidelines are just that - guidelines, not rules. Do what makes you comfortable, you can always move him back in to your room of you don't like it smile

DakotaFanny Sat 16-Jul-16 20:08:47

Two weeks second time round! Dc was a ridiculously noisy sleeper and health visitor pointed out that the baby room in our house was as close to us as a cot on the other side of the room in a mansion....if that makes sense. It made a lot to me!!!

Tippytoes13 Sat 16-Jul-16 21:52:30

My first son had his own room at 18 months, we only had one room, so had very little choice, my second son was 10 months (I think), my daughter who is nearly 13 months still sleeps in our room, as our two sons have their own rooms. We are extending out house though, so they will have their own bedrooms eventually. That's not all out of choice, it's due to lack of bedrooms, but if we had the room, I would have moved them across around 6 months. I think our daughter wakes up so early, as she hears my husband snoring and he fidgets in bed a lot (which doesn't help, as our beds creaky). Not ideal, but it's the best we can do for the time being.

bugsey123 Sat 16-Jul-16 22:34:54

Thank you all for sharing I feel like I need to just do it! I'll just miss my little buddy.. I don't make any sense because he goes in to his cot in his room at 7 till I do the dream feed at 10.30 then move him over! So I'll actually be closer on a night rather then downstairs on an evening confused I think it's for me cos I like him close rather then what's best for him xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now