High calorie foods for 12 month old?

(9 Posts)
Tinks15 Thu 14-Jul-16 19:33:52

Can anyone give me some food ideas that are calorific to give my 12 month old? She is a skinny mini and feel she needs a bit more in her diet.

StealthPolarBear Thu 14-Jul-16 19:38:29

Milk, avocado, nuts, cheese, cream?

reallyanotherone Thu 14-Jul-16 19:43:00

Define skinny? We are used to seeing chubby babies as a good thing, so sometimes what we think is skinny is entirely normal.

Has a hcp said she needs to gain weight? I'd check first.

Average weight for a 12 month old is around 9kg.

If she is underweight then i added a slug of olive oil to everything i could. Lots of full fat milk, nut butters, hummous, avocado..

Tinks15 Thu 14-Jul-16 19:49:47

Well she's about 17lb. Shes still in 6-9 clothes, shes very petite. I am taking next week to get weighed again so hoping shes put on.

Should of said in previous post, she is quite fussy too which doesnt help. She also has a slight cows milk intolerance. confused

RiverTam Thu 14-Jul-16 19:51:49

Oh, I was going to say full fat Greek yogurt.

DD was weeny, always has been. I just ignore anything low fat and nothing too high in fibre (she's veggie though).

Blueberry234 Thu 14-Jul-16 19:53:46

My 2 year old is 9.5kg just in 12-18 months and I just feed him normal food - but I have continued with full fat milk.

Tinks15 Thu 14-Jul-16 19:53:51

DD can handle yoghurt, cheese etc. But she cant physically drink cows milk if that makes sense.

Thequilltosurvive Thu 14-Jul-16 19:57:29

You can make decent smoothies by blending avocado with some ripe banana and a little cocoa powder. Throw in some full fat yoghurt too. I put them in pouches so DS can wander while slurping or drink them in the pram.

RiverTam Thu 14-Jul-16 20:28:28

Oh, well, definitely full fat Greek yoghurt, it's much higher in fat than milk (10% as opposed to 4% for full fat milk). Have it plain, with honey or with chopped or mashed fruit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now