Trip to Cornwall with 4 month old

(5 Posts)
Rinnyx Wed 13-Jul-16 17:24:45

So in less than 3 weeks DP and I will taking a road trip down to Cornwall for the week with our 3DC.

We went about 8 years ago but alone as at the time we only had DD who was 5 and stayed with my in laws but this time we are taking her and our since added 2 DSs.
DS1 is 5 and DS2 will of just turned 4 months.

Thankfully baby is EBF so we don't need to worry about bottles and formula but I was wondering what sort of things and how much to pack for a Monday to Monday holiday?

Also any suggestions on places to visit?
We are already planning to return to the Eden project, lands end and Newquay.
Any other places, lovely beaches?
Any places that I could also push the pram as be nice to some days or part not be carrying DS2 in the sling.

Thank you smile

MyMrKnightley Thu 14-Jul-16 09:13:03

Newquay zoo - smaller sized zoo so easier with little ones
Perranporth beach - car park and town very close

Rinnyx Sat 16-Jul-16 18:32:31

Thank you for the pointers
I was about to give up on anyone giving me a reply.

I've seen so many pictures of stunning beaches on Pinterest

Andbabymakesthree Sat 16-Jul-16 18:34:36

Heligan gardens is better than Eden.

Where are you staying?

MyMrKnightley Sun 17-Jul-16 08:52:02

Lots and lots of beauitful beaches, personally the best ones are the quieter ones but that generally means further away from car parks so maybe not ideal with such a young baby.

Packing the same you'd need for any week, Cornwall does have shops if you forget anything vital. Maybe check to see if you have access to a washing machine this will decide how much clothes you bring. I'd get a beach uv tent so you can keep little one out of the sun/breeze. Baby powder - rub on sandy feet etc and it'll remove the sand.

Do not get a rubber ring/lilo, the sea in Cornwall has powerful rips and can take these out to sea with whoever on in a blink of an eye. Also show you older children the lifeguards so that if they get separated from you (very easy to walk wrong way - all windbreaks/towels) look the same) they know to go to the lifeguards , they prefer this to having a panicked parent turn up and say they've lost their child 30 minutes ago. They know the child is safe and not in trouble in the water. Also tell them that it's ok to talk to the lifeguards as they're like the police and will help them find you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now