Exhausted!

(3 Posts)
Lily1992x Mon 11-Jul-16 21:19:52

I really dont usually do these kind of things but i feel like i need to get my feelings out at the moment and actually have a good rant! I am a mother to a very independent and active 17 month old daughter, i adore her but at the moment i am at complete breaking point with her and everything else on top of that! I am so overtired due to her waking at 5 every morning and now she has started refusing her nap... I dont stop allday i am constantly cleaning, picking up after her and my partner!! I am finding it so hard to get the motivation to entertain her and go out and do things everyday purely because i am exhausted! Everything is a battle at the moment with her, she is very full on (never been a chilled baby) and im loosing my patience more and more with her! I hate snapping at her and feel like the worst parent!!

Coconut0il Mon 11-Jul-16 22:02:16

Rant away! I definitely feel like this sometimes. Do you get any time to yourself? A night out or a few hours at home on your own? DP can normally tell when I'm getting into this kind of mood and will take DS2 out. Even a small break can make a big difference.
If I've had a few bad nights I will either go to bed early, when DS2 was small I sometimes went up at 7 and DP bought DS up at 9 or DP would take DS down from 5-7am so I could sleep. I have no patience at all when I'm tired so get your sleep where you can.

EchidnaPorcupine Mon 11-Jul-16 22:10:56

Someone told me not to clean up in the middle of the day - only ever do it right at the end once DCs in bed. It's a good strategy - definitely helps you feel less hamster-on-the-wheel.

Naps can change - my nap-resister suddenly went from 20-30 minute naps to 90 minute naps at around 18/19 months. Fingers crossed!

Sorry if it's a stupid question - probably already considered but do you have blackout curtains in her room?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now