Cake Smash Shoot? London based photographers

(11 Posts)
MumToBe2015R Mon 11-Jul-16 16:12:03

So LO is going 1 soon so was thinking about a cake smash shoot. Any Suggesstions of london based photographers with props? Pixi foto are coming up expensive £130 just 5 digital photos!

Roseformeplease Mon 11-Jul-16 16:21:20

Yuck!

Sorry. But yuck!

Jghl1234 Wed 13-Jul-16 21:10:37

Sorry I don't live around there so I wouldn't no but I had one for my little girl. We just got my Brother in law who is on uni studying photography, a white background and one cake. We helped her smash it up and it was so much fun and the photos look so good. It was such a great experience for us and our girl! If you can afford it at that price do it it's a great memory and the photos or so cute!! Xxxxxx

GlitteryFluff Wed 13-Jul-16 21:29:03

Upminster in Essex is probably too far for you but Julia&Mia did ours and was great.

rose why comment? Not helpful in any way.

MumToBe2015R Thu 14-Jul-16 00:37:23

Thank you ladies for the replies obviously minus rose comment! She obviously doesn't know how to have fun!! Xx

AndroidAddict Thu 14-Jul-16 00:58:17

I'm nowhere near London so can't give any ideas but rather than looking at the big, national, chain companies such as Pixifoto (sp?), look at smaller, independent companies instead. They're not usually as expensive.
BTW I don't think it matters whether other people like them or if they think they're naff; it's your money, your family and the photos will be on your walls so it's your choice!

Happy 1st birthday to your dd 🎂

AndroidAddict Thu 14-Jul-16 00:59:42

*child sorry; I don't know why I automatically thought daughter

choli Thu 14-Jul-16 01:00:56

Just don't. Really.

LadyCassandra Thu 14-Jul-16 04:26:05

Oh dear OP, they are a big no-no on MN! grin

We did one because DH used to run a cake business and we used it as advertising, it was fun. DS was a little bit freaked out by actually being allowed to touch the cake, but eventually we got some great shots.

Sorry I can't help with suggestions, I'm not in London.

Roseformeplease Thu 14-Jul-16 11:53:15

Sorry, I stand by what I said. I think it is gross consumerism at its worst. We have lovely photos of my sister in her high chair, covered in chocolate,but they were spontaneous. Buying an expensive cake and then spending a fortune to smash it up.....yuck.

Vinorosso74 Thu 14-Jul-16 19:21:43

A parent at DD's school does baby photos and I think does these. Roughly which part of London are you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now