I need help!!

(3 Posts)
littlem133 Mon 11-Jul-16 12:20:34

DH and I are full time working parents of three boys who do clubs after school every day and at weekends. We work shifts so Child care consists of nursery for the baby and breakfast and after school club on the days we both work. We underestimated how busy our lives would be, which is ok in the sense that we have made our life choices, but I hate that I find it hard to find time to play with the kids, read with them, do their homework etc. I'm thinking of getting a cleaner. Considering meal planning. I'm trying to get the older boys to tidy their own rooms and take a little responsibility for themselves. What else do people do to cope?!

UniversalTruth Mon 11-Jul-16 20:46:44

I'm massively impressed you got this far without a cleaner tbh! (assuming you can afford one) - definitely look into this. I work part time and have one if it makes you feel better grin. Meal planning with lots of batch cooking or double meals (eg. bolognaise then chilli con carne next day), children help out where possible and it doesn't make more work for you (!), share calendar on phone with your dh.

littlem133 Tue 12-Jul-16 09:44:34

Thank you. I've printed out a meal planner and forced DH and DCs to chose some meals for the week. Got a potential cleaner coming soon-(we can reduce our sky subscription to pay for her wink). I work 6 days, off for 4 so I should be able to get everything done in my four off but I also want some time to chill with the kids and friends

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now