I need some Birthday present ideas for 3yr old, please

(15 Posts)
isthistoonosy Thu 07-Jul-16 10:47:01

He has a balance bike and pedal bike, pushchair and doll, lego (no interest), cooker, wheelbarrow, and we have a sandpit and play house - not sure what else is good for this age range. Family are getting a swing / climbing frame accessories.

We also have an 18month old so pref not something she will break/ destroy.

(I know its a ridculous amount of toys already, but its the first grandkids in 12yrs so we get a lot second hand)

Thanks for any ideas

georgedawes Thu 07-Jul-16 10:59:28

If he has all that stuff already I'd go for a really nice trip to the zoo or something similar.

BlueChampagne Thu 07-Jul-16 13:14:08

Build It Bits & Bobs from ELC www.elc.co.uk/Build-It-Bits-'n'-Bobs-Set/117030,default,pd.html

Three is a bit young for lego.

waitingforsomething Thu 07-Jul-16 13:17:28

When my DD was 3 she got:
Duplo Creative Cakes and Ice Creams- she and all her friends (boys and girls) love them.

She also got Design and Drill game and a till from ELC.

These were her favourite presents for 3rd birthday and Christmas soon after

jetSTAR Thu 07-Jul-16 13:18:19

www.giftwink.com/

Floralnomad Thu 07-Jul-16 13:25:46

Little tykes car transporter , my DC had one when they were small and we bought one for our great niece at Christmas - I love little tykes toys they last really well .

isthistoonosy Thu 07-Jul-16 15:12:54

Sorry meant duplo rather than Lego.

Building stuff loks good he likes our tools.

Blueberryblueberry Thu 07-Jul-16 19:27:15

Playmobil? My 3.5yr old is loving it at the moment so might be something he can grow into a bit?

Loraline Thu 07-Jul-16 19:30:50

Microscope? Amazon have a great one that's all covered in rubber so it's age appropriate and won't break. It's really good.

DiamondInTheRuff Thu 07-Jul-16 19:36:29

My 3YO Loves:

Brio
Playmobil
Pretending to be Mr Maker (ie throwing glitter and pva glue Around)
Digging in the garden / generally being grubby
Toot toot drivers

strawberrybubblegum Sat 09-Jul-16 18:46:33

Stilts (the upturned bucket on strings ones), bug collecting kit (if you'll use it - otherwise just a small magnifying glass), mr potato head, orchard toys games (eg cupcakes, rocket game), hungry hippos, doctors kit, toy till, 'gears!gears!gears!' set, magformers, keyboard.

strawberrybubblegum Sat 09-Jul-16 19:10:34

Oh, and a mega sketcher - they really like them and great for encouraging drawing.

An easel is also meant to be good if you have space.

Swirlingasong Sat 09-Jul-16 19:17:49

Play doh play set
dressing up clothes
Small world stuff, dolls house etc
Gardening set
Wooden railway
Magnetic dress up people
Orchard games and jigsaws

Iguessyourestuckwithme Sat 09-Jul-16 19:28:18

We have recently had to buy some new bits/toys for dc 2.6 year old as she starts getting into more"pre-school bits"

We have bought
a couple of orchard barn board games - shopping list, lotto, ladybirds
a few big floor puzzles
some threading reels/buttons
an elc button board
magnetic letters
magnetic dress up dolls from Melissa and Doug
some more role play equipment - dress up clothes

All the above were from the charity shop large nct sale so didn't cost much and were brought over a period of time before anyone questions why she needed so much stuff

I have got her a leapfrog letter/phonics thing for her birthday

isthistoonosy Mon 11-Jul-16 07:57:14

Thanks for the ideas, I've just brought a little dolls house and will look up some of the other things mentioned, and mooch about the second hand shops a bit.

He loves drawing but his sister is still at the eat the crayons phase so he spends all his time telling her to stop rather than doing his own thing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now