Note found in 11yo DS's pocket

(36 Posts)
WorkInProgess Mon 04-Jul-16 11:59:16

Really don't know what to think of this, for a change i actually checked his school shorts pocket before washing and found this:

"My life was grate until I was 8 then my unkul asked me out for a date, we did it in his basment, is wasnt very good, thats Y Iv got no pubes, I lost 20 calarys it wasnt plesnt, lets put it that way, Ayayay gay"

I have no idea where he could have got that from. I know i need to ask him about it but don't quite know how to put it. Any ideas?

(I tried googling it to see if was from a film or something but did not come up with anything)

deVelvet Mon 04-Jul-16 12:03:39

Oh my. I don't know what to say, other than that I am worried by what is written here.

How is your ds generally? Is the note in his handwriting?

Buglife Mon 04-Jul-16 12:06:50

It sounds like it is a silly rhyme perhaps? Or some rap song? Like Eminems lyrics which are pretty sick sometimes. And it scans quite well to be a child's actual words. But you should ask your son who gave it to him. Kids of that age might think it's very daring to write that sort of thing down.

gamerchick Mon 04-Jul-16 12:11:48

I thought one of those godawful rap songs as well. I wouldn't be jumping to conclusions but a conversation needs to happen.

TheImprobableGirl Mon 04-Jul-16 12:12:05

I think it's more of a copy of a lyric he's heard, or tried to copy- is he into making up raps etc?

MoonfaceAndSilky Mon 04-Jul-16 12:13:27

I agree it sounds like just a silly rhyme that does the rounds around school.
I'd just say something like 'this fell out of your pocket when I was doing the washing, r u ok?......'

Optimist1 Mon 04-Jul-16 12:15:00

Like Buglife my immediate reaction was that it was some sort of rap. Talk to him when he gets home!

UptownFunk00 Mon 04-Jul-16 12:16:19

IT does sound rap like but it could be something too.

Is it his handwriting?

jacrispy Mon 04-Jul-16 12:18:25

It sounds like a lil Wayne lyric but I'm not too sure. I will try to look it up for you.

Iamthegreatest1 Mon 04-Jul-16 12:20:55

OP, not trying to be nasty/goady but is that how he writes? Does he have poor spelling? Just thinking that if it were a lyric he copied from somewhere, he would have copied with the correct spellings wouldn't he? But if I fact it's something he made up himself then it would seem more original with his normal way of writing. Just a thought.

WorkInProgess Mon 04-Jul-16 12:29:31

I am pretty sure it was his writing, and although his spelling isn't brilliant it isn't normally that bad. Words from a song is quite possible he does listen to spotify quite a lot. Will definitely talk to him when he gets home.

Pringlesandwine Mon 04-Jul-16 12:29:46

The word 'basement 'makes me think it's something he's heard from song lyrics, and the way the first line scans and rhymes. Does he have an uncle with a basement? Seems an American type of word.

FellOutOfBed2wice Mon 04-Jul-16 12:32:13

This sounds like a playground rhyme of some kind... I remember one in a similar vein when I was that age about losing your bra in someone's car and getting pregnant and ending up having ten kids. It was all very juvenile and silly but looking back the lyrics were probably a bit tasty (I know that the words "tits" and "minge" were in it... I went to a charming school).

Jasonandyawegunorts Mon 04-Jul-16 12:33:35

found this from google. steamcommunity.com/id/EcosteVAC
So it's not your childs words.

deVelvet Mon 04-Jul-16 12:47:50

the mind boggles confused

AnchorDownDeepBreath Mon 04-Jul-16 12:49:29

It's from a soundtrack to quite a violent game.

VioletBam Mon 04-Jul-16 12:51:02

I would say it sounds more like a taunt. Like something another kid would say about a child who wasn't popular. Bullying.

Iamthegreatest1 Mon 04-Jul-16 13:07:25

I don't even know what to say. These are lyrics to a song/game? OP well at least your mind can be put at rest that this isn't a poem from your dc's imagination.

BathshebaDarkstone Mon 04-Jul-16 13:11:46

Pringles we live in a basement in London. I didn't know it was an American type of word. hmm

Iamthegreatest1 Mon 04-Jul-16 13:15:03

Bath I think what she means is, basements are usually associated with houses in America, a common feature. It's more unusual to have a basement in a house in the U.K.

Moistly Mon 04-Jul-16 13:15:39

Sounds like one of those typical, rude little ditties that spread around schools. There was a few like that when I was little

Coconutty Mon 04-Jul-16 13:18:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WorkInProgess Mon 04-Jul-16 13:36:19

Anchor what game is it from?

BathshebaDarkstone Mon 04-Jul-16 13:43:33

Iamthegreatest really? There are lots of houses with basements here. I grew up in one. Maybe once you get out of London. smile

CookieDoughKid Mon 04-Jul-16 13:47:13

Agree. It sounds like he is trying to learn the lyrics to some sick rap song. Do you have a basement?!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now