thermometers

(8 Posts)
LurkingQuietly Sun 03-Jul-16 20:13:13

Hi,

I've done a Google search and nothing very recent came up and I'm unsure if I can search on the iPhone app (and can't remember my log in details to try the mobile site) so...I'm going to ask a question which I assume has been asked many times before.

Having taken my daughters temperature and got 35.7 in one ear and 38.8 in the other confused I'm investing in a new thermometer. Any recommendations?

Many thanks!

ODog Sun 03-Jul-16 21:46:35

DD was admitted to hospital at a week old with a temperature (not picked up by our thermometer we just knew something wasn't right). All the doctors said the head/ear ones are so innaccurate that they are dangerous. They suggested the basic underarm digital ones from the pharmacy so we have one of those now. Cost about £5.

DesignedForLife Sun 03-Jul-16 21:56:25

I don't trust the forehead ones. We've got one which is easy to use, but can give readings of 38-40.5 within seconds of each other. Not helpful!

hazeyjane Sun 03-Jul-16 21:58:48

Braun thermoscan.

Daytona79 Sun 03-Jul-16 22:00:17

I also have the Braun thermoscan

glasgowlass Sun 03-Jul-16 22:02:50

Braun thermoscan all the way. Got ours when DS1 had a rocketing temp after first immunisations, still going strong almost 8 years later.

Bryna Sun 03-Jul-16 22:07:59

Another one for Braun thermoscan, it's the one used by doctors too!!

LurkingQuietly Mon 04-Jul-16 09:01:20

Thank you. I'm going to buy an underarm one and a Braun thermoscan I think. I'm throwing everything at this situation. Ended up at OOH at 3am as I was so worried. Temp was apparently 37.5, but mine read 36 and 38.4 either side of that. Thanks for your recommendations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now