Baby feeding SO MUCH

(5 Posts)
glueandstick Fri 01-Jul-16 21:21:05

My utterly enormous slightly above every growth chart 4 month old is feeding ALL the time. She's had 8 or 9 7oz feeds today (FF and lactose intolerant) (I've lost count. Think two might have been 8oz) and does not bring up a drip (unless you turn her upside down when she's only just fed. blush rookie error).

Is anyone else's like this? Is it ok? What do you do with a bottomless pit?!

SpongeCakeBigPants Fri 01-Jul-16 21:36:17

Sounds like a growth spurt smile Just keep feeding her as much as she wants. Her feeds will probably settle down again in a few days.

glueandstick Fri 01-Jul-16 21:44:12

I hope so! I swear the GP thinks we're selling the milk as we get through so much. As she's the first I don't have a benchmark to go by. Hopefully she won't grow too much- she's only just gone into new clothes!

BexusSugarush Sat 02-Jul-16 08:27:08

I know she's a little young but have you considered talking to your HV about baby rice? Just a little of this can help fill up a very hungry baby. Don't give her any food without checking with your HV first, obviously, but I know a few people that have been suggested to add this to their baby's diet due to being super hungry.

BexusSugarush Sat 02-Jul-16 08:27:53

Forgot to say, these babies are all under 6 months. It's not ideal, but it is sometimes an option.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now