Do I have a problem or is pre-school overreacting?

(2 Posts)
latrott Tue 28-Jun-16 12:58:22

When I collected my son from pre-school today, one of the teachers pulled me to the side to tell me that she found my son, in a cardboard box, with his trousers and pants round his knees and he was playing with his willy. She told me that this behaviour is unusual at pre-school and they were worried. I understand that pre-school is not the right environment to play with yourself but I was under the impression this was completely normal behaviour. This is not the first time I have been pulled to one side by a teacher, the last time I was told that they were concerned about his language as he had been saying words like poo, bum, and willy and there had been complaints from other parents. Now I'm wondering if it me who has the problem or the teachers overreacting. What do you think? If it's my problem how should I tackle this? I have spoken to my son about 'private areas' and appropriate behaviour in public but is there anything else I should do? My son is otherwise almost perfectly behaved, he is popular, confident and kind. Help!! I'm feeling cross and bewildered!

WellErrr Tue 28-Jun-16 13:03:45

It's totally normal in pre school children. Just have a firm word with him about times and places.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now