stupid question about supermarket shopping

(11 Posts)
seven201 Mon 27-Jun-16 15:15:01

If you're in a supermarket and with the baby in a pram, are you allowed to put shopping in the under basket thing of your pram then unload at the check out? Or what do you do, carry a basket too?

Caterina99 Mon 27-Jun-16 15:35:54

Yes if I'm doing a quick shop I put stuff under the pram, or carry a basket. Never had a problem with it. Usually I put heavy things in there anyway, even if I have a basket. Just dont forget to take them out at the checkout!

seven201 Mon 27-Jun-16 15:40:51

Great, thanks!

SaveSomeSpendSome Mon 27-Jun-16 15:42:24

Yes dont worry you can do this.

Its only theft if its actually taken out the shop. So you could put them in your pockets if you wanted as long as you didnt walk out of the door without paying for them

UmbongoUnchained Mon 27-Jun-16 15:43:39

I don't do this anymore as I've ended up stealing a lot of stuff this way as I always forgot about it!

ihavesomequestions Mon 27-Jun-16 16:02:21

I've done this in the past and had no problems. Now though I take a big bag for life or ikea and hang it from the handlebar and load that up as I go, then empty it at the checkout. I find it easier than rummaging in the pushchair basket personally.

gillyweed Mon 27-Jun-16 16:04:57

I was asked (very politely!) Not to do this in Aldi, store policy. I don't tend to so it any more anyway as I walked out of Ikea with a bunch of unpaid stuff in the buggy.

purplefizz26 Mon 27-Jun-16 16:09:50

I do, but i put EVERYTHING there to avoid forgetting about odd bits underneath.

seven201 Mon 27-Jun-16 16:46:06

I like the bag for life tactic! I should just do that scan as you go thing I suppose but I'm sure I'd forget to scan bits as I do get distracted easily!

LilySnape Mon 27-Jun-16 16:52:28

Thats what the basket underneath is for confused if you try push a trolley and a pram youll crash into something and if you hang a shopping basket off the pram handles it can break the pram and it voids the warranty on the pram same as putting shopping bags on the handles. It is a danger to your baby if you do and id never shop at Aldi again if they suggested putting child in danger

chloechloe Mon 27-Jun-16 17:58:16

I always throw stuff in the buggy but then again I live in Germany where people tend to take their shopping bags with them and put stuff in there rather than using a basket. My poor dad always has a heart attack when he comes to visit for fear I'll get accused of shoplifting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now