baby not pooing

(11 Posts)
Rockelburger Thu 23-Jun-16 18:50:05

5 week old baby girl. Previously has had pooey nappies around 3/4 pm - a couple in a row. Sometimes another one later.

Yesterday she has a tiny amount of poo and today nothing! I'm worried, though other than this she is happy and normal and feeding well and sleeping as usual.

Has anyone else experienced this?

ImSoVeryTired Thu 23-Jun-16 19:58:43

Yup. At around 4-8 weeks my little boy would poo every 2-4 days. He got a bit grumpy but was otherwise fine. So long as you have plenty of wet nappies I wouldn't worry too much yet. If you are ff it's more common apparently. My baby is now 4 mths and sometimes goes a couple of days between poos still.
My partner drove me up the wall (he's a worrier) by singing songs to the baby, about how he should have a poo, all the time.

SouthDownsSunshine Thu 23-Jun-16 20:01:05

Totally normal for babies to go a day or two without a poo.

Rockelburger Fri 24-Jun-16 03:08:19

Thank you. I was getting so worried! Hopefully she'll do one today!

Tootsiepops Fri 24-Jun-16 03:32:56

I was readmitted to hospital with (very stubborn to treat) sepsis after my daughter was born. I was hooked up to all sorts of drips and antibiotics and IV lines...but mostly I was concerned because my baby hadn't done a poo in 24 hours. Very kindly doctor told me it was perfectly normal, but just to be prepared for an imminent explosion to make up for it grin

youcantakethegirloutof Fri 24-Jun-16 04:07:14

I remember worrying about this at first & then would get hit with almighty poonamis! My Dd is nearly 6 mo old now & generally goes every 2-4 days now.

ImSoVeryTired Fri 24-Jun-16 11:01:47

Ah yes. The poosplosions are fun! Still it's surprising how pleased you are to see them after 3 days without one! grin

Rockelburger Fri 24-Jun-16 18:33:03

Just finally seen the biggest poo ever. I'm so ridiculously happy.

ImSoVeryTired Fri 24-Jun-16 23:06:35

Glad to hear it Rockel. At least you won't be so worried if it happens again. wink

Rockelburger Sat 25-Jun-16 18:54:51

There is no stopping her now!!

Thanks everyone. Once again to the rescue to stop my worrying!

mumtobabyI Sun 26-Jun-16 12:47:52

Oh i wouldn't worry about it at all! I was sooo worried about LO and his pooing habits! He used to go every day when he was a newborn and then suddenly changed to once every 4 days when he was about 3.5 months. Apparently it's normal for breastfed babies and upto once a week is normal my HV told me?? shock He's now changed again to once every two days since weaning. As long as LO has lots of wet nappies and the poo is not hard then i'm sure they're fine smile

And ye i used to get excited to see a big explosion too lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now