entertaining 20month old

(4 Posts)
sophree Mon 13-Jun-16 11:10:47

She has a very short attention span and doesn't speak too much (although I rapidly saying more words)

We do shapes and hoops and read books. She gets tv time and sometimes I let her colour at the table.

If it's sunny there's the back door and the park.

But feel the average day is hard to pass..

Any tips? smile

cuntinghomicidalcardigan Mon 13-Jun-16 11:15:07

My 20 month old loves playing duplo with me. He also likes to 'help' with baking with his own spoon for stirring etc but I need to be in a really good mood to start that. We chase bubbles in the garden, play with cars and garages and read stories. He is also quite good at amusing himself for half an hour while I mn have a cup of tea. We go on days out to farms, aquariums and sometimes go swimming. He loves just going for a wander and pointing out all the cars and lorries. His current favourite place to go is to stand outside the local building site and watch the diggers grin

icklekid Mon 13-Jun-16 11:19:09

We go out in the mornings to do something quite often a baby/toddler group so ds can play with other toys & children and I can chat to other parents (both equally important). In the summer going out to the park and garden is great but again often have friends over to make more enjoyable.

NotWithoutMyMerkin Mon 13-Jun-16 11:26:06

We do;
Breakfast
Play
Get dressed/washed/ready
Go out; class/playgroup/supermarket/park
Snack
Nap
Lunch
Play
I make dinner while she watches tv/plays alone
Dinner
Bath
Play
Bed

So - this gives three "play sessions" a day.

Sometimes she gets engrossed in something herself - she will spend time alone playing with her dolls house, certain toys etc so I leave her to it but otherwise we do;

Painting, kicking ball/trampoline/sandpit in the garden, colouring, reading, puzzles, stickers, something crafty, dancing to music. Or we play with her toys - Favs at the moment are building blocks, toy farm, train set, cars on the mat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now