child 1st bday party .. what to do??

(8 Posts)
mumto1babyboy Sun 12-Jun-16 20:09:30

My LO is 1 in Nov and I'm just wondering what others did for there LO 1st birthday, ideas truly appreciated!! X

DailyMailGOFuckOff Sun 12-Jun-16 20:12:54

The party will be mainly for the adults and older children at that age so I'd avoid any entertainers or expensive child parties, dress up LO and just enjoy the day

Picnics seem common for first birthdays - we did a teddy bears picnic which was great for DS first. Had to hold it indoors due to weather in the end in the local hall but worked brilliantly anyhow

GlitteryFluff Sun 12-Jun-16 20:13:22

We had a BBQ with close friends and family, but was August not November!
Afternoon tea type thing with close friends and family?
Farm or zoo?

DailyMailGOFuckOff Sun 12-Jun-16 20:13:44

Sorry just saw November in your post. A fireworks party? Winter wonderland themed gathering?

iklboo Sun 12-Jun-16 20:19:54

We just had a family get together at MIL's with some small fireworks (DS watching through the window) as his birthday is near Bonfire Night. Buffet, cake, some booze for non-driving grown ups.

Ffion3107 Sun 12-Jun-16 20:21:14

We had a little party at home with family and close friends.
We also had an outdoor photoshoot which was lovely!

shouldwestayorshouldwego Sun 12-Jun-16 20:25:49

We had already had a christening and party at 6 months so we just went the three of us to an aquarium. She loved looking at all of the fish.

uhoh2016 Sun 12-Jun-16 20:55:50

A little tea party for close family is sufficient enough your dc will have no knowledge or remembrance of the day

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now