Huge 4 month old outgrown bouncy chair...what now?

(9 Posts)
teacher1984 Thu 02-Jun-16 14:58:10

He doesn't seem to like the bumbo either. What can I buy for him to sit in now? I need something to sit him in in the hallway when getting everything out the door for the school run, for example, or when I have a shower.

Jelliedeels Thu 02-Jun-16 15:02:07

Can he hold his head up... If so jumperoo

Fairylea Thu 02-Jun-16 15:06:00

I ended up getting one of those high chairs that reclines. Kiddiecare have quite a few.

boopdoop Thu 02-Jun-16 15:40:29

I second the jumperoo, amazing for keeping them entertained. Also how about one of these. Worked well for us with a few soft toys or ball pool balls to entertain: Galt Toys Farm Playnest www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00AN1KU1K/

Candycoco Thu 02-Jun-16 16:17:08

Definitely jumperoo from 4 months. They love them

cornishglos Thu 02-Jun-16 16:36:21

Can he just be on the floor or in his cot at those times?

babyblabber Thu 02-Jun-16 18:06:37

Get a baby bjorn bouncer or fisher price rocker my fatso was the same, butt hitting the floor at 4/5 months

LikeaSnowflake Thu 02-Jun-16 22:02:08

If you do decide to get a jumperoo and like to be thrifty you could think about getting one second hand on eBay or gumtree. We did this and I am happy we did as soon as DC began to be more mobile with rolling and crawling she became uninterested in jumperoo. So probably used it from 3.5-5 months so not long at all.

Although if it's just for a safe place while you are doing other things, could you get a travel cot/playpen for downstairs?I think before my dc was rolling I just used to lie her on her activity mat while I grabbed bits ready to leave the house. Now I only shower when she naps because she crawls and tries to climb out of things grin

TiredOfSleep Mon 06-Jun-16 22:55:07

I used to just pop mine on a Change mat on the floor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now