3 year old

(6 Posts)
SweetPeaPods Thu 02-Jun-16 07:33:33

Ds1 will be 3 this month. I'm starting to worry that he's behind other children his age. I know I shouldn't compare but would anyone be able to briefly list what their 3 year old can do?
A friend shared something on Facebook- ask your toddler, and there were questions like what is your name, how old are you, what's your favourite food/colour/toy? He wouldn't answer any of them.
He only goes to nursery 1 afternoon a week and I'm wondering if having a younger brother 17m younger isn't actually helping.

weeblueberry Thu 02-Jun-16 09:35:40

Is it the speech that's concerning you or do you feel he doesn't understand what he's asking? I would say those are pretty different worries if you know what I mean.

If it's just that he can't articulate answers then I understand that's very normal at three. But if he doesn't understand what you're asking then maybe speak to your health visitor and see what he/she suggests?

weeblueberry Thu 02-Jun-16 09:35:59

Sorry he doesn't understand what you're asking...

SweetPeaPods Thu 02-Jun-16 10:59:20

I'm not sure. Is comprehension is generally good I think. We have an appt with a speech and language therapist in July. I'm hoping I'm worrying over nothing.

SweetPeaPods Thu 02-Jun-16 11:14:40

I'm not sure. Is comprehension is generally good I think. We have an appt with a speech and language therapist in July. I'm hoping I'm worrying over nothing.

1Potato2 Fri 03-Jun-16 19:46:02

Could he go to nursery for more sessions? Are you in the uk?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now