Ultimate third birthday presents ideas?

(8 Posts)
Bouncearound Thu 19-May-16 15:02:21

Dd is three soon and we have no idea what to get her. She's dc3 so lots of puzzles, books etc have been passed on to her. She also has a balance bike, scooter, garden toys etc.
She loves peppa pig, her micro scooter and playing with dolls but has lots of these (although I am thinking of a double dolls pram). She isn't very girly and doesn't like dressing up, craft, princesses or Lego...
We won't be buying much as she's having a party but extended family are pressuring us for a 'list' hmm
Any ideas for glaringly obvious suggestions much appreciated!

SecretlyChartreuse Thu 19-May-16 15:06:30

Take a picture when she blows out the candles and keep it! I have a picture of my third birthday and it's like a time capsule.

Princesspeach1980 Thu 19-May-16 20:11:30

Brio/wooden train set? Always seemed popular with the boys and the girls at my DCs nursery

Blueberry234 Thu 19-May-16 20:13:38

Organise a trip to peppa pig world get family to chip in

BettyBi0 Thu 19-May-16 20:16:01

A playhouse in the garden?

DoItTooJulia Thu 19-May-16 20:19:05

Always recommend saxoflute on these threads. I bought Ds1 one on his second birthday. He played with it every single day until he was 8. He then put it away because his baby brother was born and he wanted him to be able to play with it. And so Ds 2 plays with it. That's ten years of daily use virtually! You can buy non Musial versions called tubations.

Or garden toys. I saw a fab 'water system' like a canal network in toys r us.

cheapandcheerful Thu 19-May-16 20:29:31

My 3.5yo is obsessed with little character toys so maybe something like that? I think it's a progression from the doll-play. She enacts little scenarios, all the characters talking to each other. The ones she enjoys the most are sylvannian families, lego friends, Peppa and paw patrol figures and some polly pockets that we inherited from someone.
In fact the Peppa stuff has been great. We've added to it over the years and even my 5.5yo isn't bored of it yet smile

Bouncearound Thu 19-May-16 20:40:02

Thanks all. I think more peppa pig toys might be the answer; she has all the characters but only a couple of playsets so we can add to that.
She's got a playhouse in the garden, train track and brio that's been handed down from dc1 and 2- that's what makes it tricky as we kept everything!

Dd is unusual in that she won't even go on rides outside supermarkets and cries not to go on merry go rounds etc so despite her love of Peppa pig there's no point in going to the theme park (I've tried!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now