Books in school

(2 Posts)
Sweetsong1 Tue 17-May-16 21:24:54

Hi all - first post here -just wanted some advice - my 9 yr old has come home talking about a book he's reading in school. I was a bit shocked as it doesn't seem very appropriate. Is called 'How to tell if your cat is plotting to kill you'. I appreciate they are gong to pick up stuff in the playground, but this appears to be being passed round in class under the teacher's nose. I was impressed he came and talked to me about it as I have always said he can ask me anything. But he has told me the book has words like 's**t' and 'f**k' in (spelled like that with stars. Has anyone else come a cross this? Should I report it to the teacher and risk my son getting flack from peers if it's discovered his mum spoilt the fun?

Kit2015 Wed 18-May-16 08:18:52

Hi, I just wanted to say that I know the book as I am a bookseller and I would say it is definitely not meant for kids. It's classed as adult humor.
I would mention it to the teacher but ask that she doesn't let the class know that she knows because of your son.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now