Which bike for a 3.5 yo

(5 Posts)
mumtosp Sun 15-May-16 19:55:24

DS is 3 years and 7mo and he has never had a bike. We got him a scooter for his 2nd b'day, but he never took to it. Even now, he barely uses it and doesn't know how to use it properly. We always thought we can get him a bike once he is more confident on his scooter, but now I am thinking we have waited too long. Also, feeling guilty for not getting DS a bike sooner sad
He is generally very cautious and not very adventurous. Probably why he has never been keen on the scooter.

Is it too late to get a balance bike? Shall I just go in for a proper bike with the support wheels? Any brands you recommend?

TIA smile

mumtosp Mon 16-May-16 16:21:51

Bump smile

CMOTDibbler Mon 16-May-16 16:24:04

Get a Cnoc, take the pedals off and let him use it as a balance bike, then once he's shooting around on that, put the pedals back on and he'll learn to ride without the stabiliser step

starpatch Mon 16-May-16 19:31:42

Don't feel guilty it's not too late at all. Mine has not really got into his balance bike yet and he is four. I'd get a balance bike first you can get them from around £30. DS friends are learning to ride pedal bikes now but they are struggling a bit so I've decided to wait.

mumtosp Sun 29-May-16 22:52:21

Thanks all... Will check out Cnoc smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now