Soaking Nappies- TMI

(12 Posts)
lovewatchingrainfall Sun 24-Apr-16 09:07:56

Not sure where to put this so thought I might try here.

My DD is 3 she is not ready for potty training yet. However over night it's like you leave a tap on. She soaks through nappies like there is no tomorrow she does have wet nappies during the day. But over night it's crazy we have to change them 3 times in the night and then in the morning her bed is still soaked! She soaks the nappy the bed sheet the waterproof sheets. We have gone to putting two nappies on her she has a sheet with a towel under it and 2 waterproof sheets and it still soaks through to the mattress and this is daily.

What else can I do???? My poor washing machine and tumble dryer.

wheresthel1ght Sun 24-Apr-16 15:48:07

How much does she drink in the evening before bed?

I would maybe stop her having more than sips after about 530-6 depending on he bedtime obviously. And maybe look at the next size up in nappies as it sounds like they might not be holding enough

lovewatchingrainfall Sun 24-Apr-16 20:02:29

Thank you for your reply, She doesn't really drink loads in the afternoon and she has her last drink about 30mls of milk about half 5 then in bed by half 6.

We have tried the next size up this didnt work and drowned her. so have gone to 4+ and these still leak. Maybe its just one of those things.

GruffaloMoggy Sun 24-Apr-16 20:06:55

Hi OP, have you tried a different brand?

My DD is 3 & we use Tesco size 6.

Dont get any active fit ones as these are thinner for when they are moving around a lot in the day.

I read on here yesterday that Tesco ones have changed and some children are getting a rash.

So I got Aldis size 6 today as they are usually ok.

DD has milk before bed & her nappy is almost dry in the morning.

Are the elastic bits definately flat around her legs?

Tightywalterwhities Sun 24-Apr-16 20:10:07

Is she sticking her hand down her nappy? I found DS was leaking a lot at night and the nappies seemed full but he could still fit in age 2-3 vests and so far this has stopped the problem.

If it is just down to the amount of pee may be worth a visit to the GP to see what is going on?

Gillian1980 Sun 24-Apr-16 22:16:50

I'd take her to the gp for a check up. It may not be a medical problem but excessive urination can be a symptom of various different things so its worth getting her checked.

Newlywed56 Sun 24-Apr-16 22:22:39

that does sound like a lot, like I would think it shouldn't really go through the towels even with one nappy on let alone two? Dec worth a visit to gp and if you weight the wet items should give you an idea of volumes to discuss. (Obviously weigh everything first and then deduct that from the wet weigh afterwards) . Apart from that my 11m old is in size 5 nappies (and she's definitely not massive only just in age 12-18 clothes and 9-12 mostly still fit) so maybe worth trying those . I found the 4+ couldn't cope with the poop explosions confused

milkysmum Sun 24-Apr-16 22:26:54

I think the nappies may be too small- ds was in size 6 at that age and not big for his age at all. Aldi do great nappies, pampers ALWAYS leaked when we used that brand.
I would have a chat with GP though just to be on safe side

SnuffleGruntSnorter Sun 24-Apr-16 22:29:32

How much does she weigh? My son was in 4+ at 9 months, he's a bit big but not huge.

As a general guide:
Size 4: 7-18kg
Size 4+: 9-20kg
Size 5: 11-25kg
Size 5+: 13-27kg
Size 6: 16kg+

I find that keeping him on the lower end of the weight range works best for us.

ODog Mon 25-Apr-16 07:29:10

My DS is a heavy wetter (especially at night) he is nearly two and wears size 5+ Aldi nappies. He has milk before bed and I have to change him before we go to bed (doesn't wake him fortunately) but as long as I do that nappy change he stays dry. Size 4+ seems small for age. Try 5+. The + just means it's more absorbent. All other brands aren't quite as absorbent I find.

lovewatchingrainfall Mon 25-Apr-16 07:40:35

She is really tiny for her age she only weighs just under 11kg. She is still in 12-18 month clothes. We have tried the 5 and they just drown her. I might pop to the doctors and see what they say. She doesn't sleep well either I changed her last night about 2am and her nappy was soaking through again this morning.

ODog Mon 25-Apr-16 12:28:46

Oh ok I didn't realise she was small for age. Agree a trip to docs won't hurt. Like I say DS is a heavy wetter but as long as I change his post milk nappy he is fine throughout the night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now