Willy question

(8 Posts)
tostaky Thu 21-Apr-16 22:48:37

Bit hard to explain as well as English is not my first language...

The skin at the top of my 6years old does not open very much at all... Barely enough to let the wee goes out. And then the wee goes up rather than down when he goes to the loo, due to the location of the "opening".
I have asked the GP numerous times before DS was 3, but the GP always dismissed it. DS is in good health so I have not had the chance to ask the GP again, but what are your thoughts on it? In my country, France, I once saw a GP who wanted to "open" it straight away (it was a bit sudden so I said I needed to think!)

I have another boy whose willy "opens" fully so I can tell the difference.

Should I go back to my GP to ask again (which means taking DS out of school...)

gamerchick Thu 21-Apr-16 22:50:32

I think at that age it Shouldn't be like that? Is he able to roll his foreskin back?

tostaky Thu 21-Apr-16 23:02:19

No, not at all... Only a pea-size opening, just enough to let the wee out.

dementedpixie Thu 21-Apr-16 23:05:18

It can be normal for the foreskin not to retract until much later than 6. If he is not getting infections then I would just leave it for now. Maybe encourage him to have a fiddle with it (in private) to help stretch it

StrumpersPlunkett Thu 21-Apr-16 23:06:31

My boys foreskin was a huge worry for ages.
Mil is Chinese and was determined I should be forcing it back from birth to clean it properly but I have been assured over and over to let it be
They are now 9&12 years old
I have stopped asking them. It is fine. They have never had any infections and it causes no problems. The foreskin retracts in its own time.

tostaky Thu 21-Apr-16 23:37:02

No, we've never had any problems in that area, so all good!

I have just looked at Google and yes you are right (and so is my GP!) all is fine!

As one study says "there is no right age for the retractation to occur".

And the author must have thought of me when he/she wrote: "some parents needlessly worry that the opening is not large enough"

Florentina27 Fri 22-Apr-16 22:16:25

My husband had that and he found it uncomfortable when a teenager (/as in painful when having erection)/so he had to have the akin around it snipped

Daisyandbabies Sat 23-Apr-16 07:25:50

My son's is the same. He had a wee once and his willy blew up like a balloon as the wee backed up! I rushed him to the dr who wanted to refer him for circumcision but we decided to wait in the end. My husband had the same and it fixed himself ( with a little help from himself no doubt, hahahahah) when he was a teenager

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now