1 year old feeding and bottle tips pleaseeeee

(5 Posts)
Iris1986 Tue 19-Apr-16 08:28:57

Just after advice on what feeding schedules are how you moved from formula to whole milk and snack ideas if possible.

Little one just turned one doesn't seem impressed with cows milk can I blend a banana with it for a diff taste

Just any help please 1st child so feel a bit clueless at this new stage thanks

LucyMouse Tue 19-Apr-16 08:39:19

I did half milk formula and half cows' milk for a couple of days, just increasing the amount of cows' milk. Blending it with banana is not going to get them used to the flavour of cows' milk.

Artandco Tue 19-Apr-16 08:40:40

They don't actually have to have any milk at this age. They can get calcium from many other sources.

Iris1986 Tue 19-Apr-16 08:45:00

Yeah she still likes to have it as a comfort thing I think I'm after ways to bulk up the day for her to drop naturally.

She doesn't not like cows milk she has it with cereal every day has done since 6 months just isn't fond of drinking it.

Araminkin Tue 19-Apr-16 09:21:31

We started mixing formula and milk, slowly increasing the portion of cows milk and reducing formula (in the same bottle). We did it slowly as were not in a rush to do it. So maybe over a month (with some illness thrown in as well).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now