Question about pre-school

(11 Posts)
Louisa111 Sat 16-Apr-16 16:13:06

My dd will be 3 next feb so I don't have to get her into pre-school til after Easter next year. I feel she will be ready before that, possibly after the summer. I know I will have to pay if I do but I just wondered don't wait or get her in early?? What age did you start??

Louisa111 Sat 16-Apr-16 16:13:42

That should say ' do I wait??'

Purplerainbow2 Sat 16-Apr-16 16:14:13

Both of mine were 2. 3 and 2,2 when they started. They were more than ready too!

Mrsmulder Sat 16-Apr-16 16:31:54

Some preschools only take 3 year olds. My ds's nursery is like that so they can't go until the term after they turn 3. A lot of school based nurserys around here are like that too. I just waited with mine because it was money I could do without spending to be honest. I just took them to playgroups

SfaOkaySuperFurryAnimals Sat 16-Apr-16 16:34:43

I am deputy manager or ours, we take from two years, if you think she is ready go for it, just gently ease both of you into it. If you earn circa £16, 000 at ours you get 2 year funding, good luck 😊

Louisa111 Sat 16-Apr-16 19:55:34

Thankyou for the comments, we do playgroups but I think in a few months she could benefit from
Something different. I think it would do her good to have that time away from me ( as hard as it will be) and if we do it gradually it won't be as bad x

G1raffe Sat 16-Apr-16 19:57:52

Have a look at some gym classes or dance classes or something you could have time apart maybe. Although those often start at 3 too thinking about it!

sparkle789 Sat 16-Apr-16 19:58:48

Dd1 was 2.5 and dd2 was just 2.
I have to pay for dd2 until September but she was ready for it and loves going.

Justmeagain78 Sun 17-Apr-16 20:16:14

I started when dd was 2.5 and toilet trained. It was very good for her and also good for me to have a break. Only did two mornings a week to start with though.

NickyEds Mon 18-Apr-16 07:00:31

Ds started just after Christmas at two. To begin with he did one morning a week but that was increased to two mornings after half term. He loves it and it gives me a little time with just dd.

KP86 Mon 18-Apr-16 07:26:45

We have a sessional nursery near us that takes kids from 2yo for 3 hours each morning and afternoons a couple of days/week.

They have funded and private students. It's about £18/session IIRC, so not tooooo expensive if you are doing a couple of sessions each week until 3yo funding kicks in.

Maybe you can find something similar?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now