activities

(6 Posts)
howiloveanicecupoftea Wed 13-Apr-16 08:40:09

What kind of indoor activities do you do with your 22 month old? We do drawing and playdough but I struggle to think of other stuff.

PennyHasNoSurname Wed 13-Apr-16 08:44:20

Bucket of warm soapy water, a sponge, and stuff to "wash" (if indoor we do it on a hard floor with towels under)

If you gave a washable floor (wood or lino), tape paper down (wr use the rolls from Ikea or could use newspaper) and give them potato stampers and paint. Bath afterwards.

A bath. Loads of toys. Can easily keep them entertained for 45mins.

Tbh though I find indoors hard work with that age so ggo out everyday regardless of weather even if just for an hour.

ODog Wed 13-Apr-16 21:52:01

I have a 22mo. We do painting, drawing, sticking, playdoh, he 'helps' with chores with a toy Hoover or a spare cleaning cloth and a spray bottle filled with water, general playing with toys, hide and seek, reading books, peg puzzles, we made rice crispie cakes the other day.

However I agree with penny. We get out a least once a day whatever the weather as we both love being outdoors.

MrsA2 Sat 16-Apr-16 07:41:33

Same here, outdoors as much as we possibly can! It's a tricky age to be entertaining them indoors. To be honest, we mainly just read books - my DD brings them all, one at a time, and we work out way through them (with her often bored after the first half and so we move on to the next book then!). But stickers are big here too as well as colouring. Play dough she loves the idea of but mainly likes taking the lid on and off and stacking the pots! smile If it's pouring down then don't forget the library - such a handy way to spend an hour, wandering about, reading, colouring. Also I have found small museums (if quiet enough) cool for this age - lots of interesting stuff to chat about together. Random I know, but it seems to work! Oh and a decent sized pet shop (with animals plus fish) can kill twenty minutes too. grin

Pixienott0005 Mon 18-Apr-16 13:07:18

Messy play.
Make dens out of boxes or clothes horse with a big sheet over
Water table in summer outdoors
Crafts
Baking. Let them stir and squash dough and stuff
Pretend play.

Herewegoagainfolks Mon 18-Apr-16 13:14:19

Buy a bag of balloons, blow up and put on some music.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now