when did you stop using an angel care monitor?

(23 Posts)
duckyisback Wed 13-Apr-16 07:52:22

Ds has an angel care monitor with a sensor pad.

He's 16 months old now and we keep experiencing false alarms. I think it's as he likes to have a pillow (which is under his sheets) and he often sleeps across it.

Last night we had about 5 false alarms and it disturbs him when I have to shift him about the cot. I love having the monitor as I'm a worrier but the false alarms are driving me insane at night.

If you had one, when did you stop using the sensor pad?

murphyslaws Wed 13-Apr-16 07:54:36

As soon as she could move. About 6 months she was rolling around cot. Gave me heart failure five times a night.

BendydickCuminsnatch Wed 13-Apr-16 07:56:42

We used it from about 4 months old when he was out of our bed and in his own room, until 5 months old! 😄

kally195 Wed 13-Apr-16 08:01:03

As soon as she could stand up in the cot. Still use the monitor bit despite the fact that her standing at the door shouting mama really doesn't need a monitor but the heartbeat bit is long packed away.

But then she had a pillow (not under sheet) and duvet from about 10 months. I am a terrible mother smile

duckyisback Wed 13-Apr-16 08:32:49

Do you know where I can find the instructions to use it without the mat? Or is it as simple as just unplugging it? hmm

I think ds would like a quilt but he's such a wriggler!

RNBrie Wed 13-Apr-16 08:35:59

You can't just unplug the pad. You need to use the select and mode button to just get the voice sensor icon. Google the instructions, they are available on line.

At 16 mo you don't need to keep the pillow under the sheet either, they can have a duvet and pillow over the age of 1.

MyBreadIsEggy Wed 13-Apr-16 08:40:49

I stopped using it when DD could roll at about 4-5 months....gave me numerous mini heart attacks because of false alarms when she had rolled away from the sensor pad confused I've got a Motorola video monitor now.

duckyisback Wed 13-Apr-16 09:39:27

I've been looking at the moterola ones this morning, they're quite cheap at Argos.

Think I'm going to get one today. I'll spoil myself grin

mrsjskelton Wed 13-Apr-16 11:01:21

DD is still in a snuzpod in our room but I'm satisfied she's a healthy little girl and we've already discussed whether we'd even bother with a sensor pad. I might sell our angel monitor and invest in a video one.

BendydickCuminsnatch Wed 13-Apr-16 11:53:32

If she's 16 months do you need a monitor at all now?

duckyisback Wed 13-Apr-16 12:46:50

I went and got a moterola one grin

I think we still need the monitor as you can't hear hardly anything through our walls and I'm an anxious wreck when it comes to ds

minipie Wed 13-Apr-16 16:57:30

I bought the angelcare monitor and we never ever used the sensor pad.

First 3 months she only slept on me

Then she was in moses basket, tilted for reflux, sensor pad didn't work

Then she went in cot and finally started to sleep... I was so knackered I was just grateful she was sleeping and forgot all about the sensor pad!

Highlove Wed 13-Apr-16 18:26:25

Still using it...25 months. blush

She's a right little wriggler but we rarely get false alarms.

Chattymummyhere Wed 13-Apr-16 19:12:41

I used it a bit as a sleep trainer with my ds so when we moved to toddler bed as the alarm would go off if he got out of bed to mess around. Dd1 not sure when we stopped using it. I must be one of the rare ones who the only time the alarm went off (without child leaving the bed) was when my ds actually stopped breathing.

duckyisback Wed 13-Apr-16 20:27:52

Omg chatty sad have gone and put it back on now.

OrangePeels Wed 13-Apr-16 20:30:35

We never had one. We had a baby monitor up to the point until she could cry loud enough for us to hear her - about 6 months. I never saw the need for anything else!

Newtobecomingamum Wed 13-Apr-16 21:41:16

Omg Highlove me too! I used it on my son just past two. Not only did we use the sensor pad and monitor, but we also had an additional camera monitor too. Maybe a bit OTT but have me peace of mind at night.

Newtobecomingamum Wed 13-Apr-16 21:43:22

Duck.. Just reread your post and you probably have the sensitively up too high. You can reduce it, ours never went off like that, especially that many times in one night. If you haven't still got the instruction manual, google how to reduce the sensitivity.

airhostess Wed 13-Apr-16 23:05:30

I agree, reduce the sensitivity. My DS is 18mths old and we still use it.

duckyisback Thu 14-Apr-16 06:33:11

Thank you will have a look at the sensitivity! And am going to use the video monitor too.

Definitely gives me peace of mind, but the false alarms only seem to happen between 11-5am which is strange.

butterfly86 Thu 14-Apr-16 16:33:50

Dd is 22 months and we still use it blush I can't bring myself to turn it off!

Ohsotired123 Mon 18-Apr-16 13:26:05

As soon as a week I think as it kept going off. The motororola one is the best.

Choceeclair123 Mon 18-Apr-16 15:08:46

DD is 2.5 and we still use her Angel monitor and she is in a toddler bed. We also have video monitor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now