When to have third??

(6 Posts)
ayesar Tue 05-Apr-16 15:07:55

I have 2 kids who are almost 5 and 3. I am thinking about having a third but not sure how long I should wait. I want to have the third when it will be easiest on me and my kids.

Could anyone share your experience based on your age gaps? Was it easier having your third after your kids were older? How many years between them is best?

I am thinking of getting pregnant next year which means my youngest and the baby will have 4.5 years between them. I don't know if even that is too close.

Whywhywhy1 Wed 06-Apr-16 19:57:23

Ooh, watching with interest. I'm in a similar situation with two dc aged 2 and 4. We definitely can't start trying til end of this year/beginning of next but just not sure of when would be 'best'.

uhoh2016 Fri 08-Apr-16 17:37:54

My 3 are 9 6 and 13mth, I found dc3 fairly easy as the older 2 were at school during the day and can relatively look after themselves ie toileting eating dressing etc. The beauty of a third baby Is they slot into the routine your already in with the older 2 and your much more confident in your Mum abilities - or at least that's how I felt anyway. Good luck

twins2004 Sat 09-Apr-16 12:30:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

namaste30 Sun 10-Apr-16 19:35:52

I am 39 weeks with my 3rd, I conceived just exactly where you are now- so now have a 5 nearly 6 and a 4. I am very smug as I will be on matty leave to settle the little one into full time school in Sept, we have her in nursery every morning ( all in the allowance) so I have a full term to settle into having a baby again before a brilliant Summer holiday! I am thrilled with this age gap so far ( sorry I don't really know what it is going to actually be like) but I am getting sleep- unlike last time and the big ones have been so interested and excited about having a baby brother. I am happy to update you in a few weeks if you pm me!!

Tippytoes13 Tue 12-Apr-16 12:43:05

I have a nearly 10 year old, just turned 5 year old and a 9 month old. Much easier having the older two at school, my 5 year old wasn't quite at school when our daughter was born, but we managed. I don't know if there is an ideal age gap, but I'm sure what you decide will be the right one smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now