Sleepyhead - thoughts?

(17 Posts)
Luckystar1 Sun 03-Apr-16 21:12:46

DC2 isn't due for another while but I've just spotted a Sleepyhead for a decent price.

DC1 had no issues with sleeping in a crib/bassinet or cot so I was very fortunate.

I have heard so many good things about the sleepyhead that I'm wondering if I should get one in preparation (as a safe place to stow baby away from DC1!)

My fear is that once the baby has outgrown it, they will go through the 'trauma' of having to get used to big spaces for sleeping, thus, really setting us back!!

What say you wise parents of MN?

(Of course I could just wait for DC2 to actually come along, but that would mean not spending £ now, at least in my mind!)

HBSBeeches Mon 04-Apr-16 12:30:14

I love mine. My DD is 17 months and is in her second. You need a few covers though and it makes it expensive.

Dixiechick17 Mon 04-Apr-16 19:28:54

love our Sleepyhead, our DD is now in thw nezt size up. A few of my friends used a a rolled up towel under the sheet when their babies outgrew the first one, and gradually removed it for daytime naps initially and they are now fine in the cot.

We find it great for going away as it fits in the travel cot, so it's a home comfort.

Binkybix Mon 04-Apr-16 19:50:32

It made not one iota of difference to my baby.

DangerMouth Mon 04-Apr-16 19:59:34

Dd2 was only in it until she was 4 months (big baby). I think it was good as it meant l didn't have to get a mosses basket (dd1 hated hers and l couldn't wait to chuck it out). I found it very easy to transfer her out of it too and at 6 months she sleeps fine in the cot.

Luckystar1 Mon 04-Apr-16 20:25:33

Thank you! Interesting responses as I'm noticing a trend (amongst friends also) towards a reliance on it long term. I think I'll hold off and pray that DC2 is like DC1 (when it comes to sleeping in a crib....!

scarednoob Tue 05-Apr-16 21:00:39

It was the only thing that got my DD to sleep. Worth its weight in gold!

VocationalGoat Tue 05-Apr-16 21:06:13

I had one with DC3 and LOVED it. When I bought mine, they were relatively new on the market so I paid full price. I sold mine on eBay. You can find them there for a better price and honestly, there is nothing wrong with economising and loving something a second time.
For me, the Sleepyhead was my best buy for DC3. He slept in it beautifully.
DC3 was/is a big guy. My boys are always huge, so we also only used ours for about 5-6 months. I really squeezed in that last month. But you can get an average baby to use it up until 9 months.

wannabehippyandcrazycatlover Tue 05-Apr-16 21:10:04

My DD loves hers - I would highly recommend.

I haven't bothered with buying the official covers and use a fitted sheet (for a crib) instead.

MargaretCabbage Tue 05-Apr-16 21:13:05

Ours was worth every penny. DS slept in it till about ten months old, and then we bought the Grand. We haven't had much use out of the Grand, as all of a sudden he wanted the space to wriggle around and we stopped using it when he was about one.

littlepooch Tue 05-Apr-16 21:16:43

I love ours. definitely been our Best Buy. Now wondering if I should invest in the next size out when she grows out of it.
I take it everywhere with me ( to my mums, friends if we are staying over and when we went away).

itsmeyouknow Tue 05-Apr-16 22:23:31

I also can't live without mine and baby has slept through since 4/5weeks. I'm convinced sleepy is the reason.

fourlegstwolegs Wed 06-Apr-16 09:44:13

I though anything other than a flat cot with nothing near the baby's head went against SIDS guidelines?

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Wed 06-Apr-16 09:46:37

I bought one in desperation for DD2, worked a treat (until she stopped sleeping but back on track now!) She was 4 or 5 months wheb we got it, so we just bought a grande as she was very long and already too big for the deluxe. Still using now at 10 months and is a handy travel cot

Luckystar1 Wed 06-Apr-16 11:53:01

Thank you everyone, very interesting!

GeezeLouiseBelcher Wed 06-Apr-16 11:56:58

Ds is 2 and it's brilliant. He sleeps so much better with it in his cot or bed.

Dixiechick17 Wed 06-Apr-16 12:45:07

I would like to add that it didn't stop the four month sleep regression for us, so It's not a miracle worker, I still would use again though. RE: SIDS risks as far as my researxh took me, the sleepyhead was fine in that it prevents the baby rolling onto side or front as has a hypoallergenic cover... this is what I read. It's also sold as a bed and not just something for naps like similar products, but everyone should do their own research and ask midwife or Health visitor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now