comparing the jumps from 1-2 and 2-3 children

(7 Posts)
geordiemummyinoxford Mon 28-Mar-16 22:02:47

Hi

I am trying to persuade my hubby that we can manage 3 DCs (currently have 7 and 4 y/o DDs) but he doesn't trust me that whilst it will be really hard work it will be completely worth it - how have you ladies found those jumps??

Thankyou!!

uhoh2016 Mon 28-Mar-16 22:15:23

2 -3 was much easier than 1 -2. My older dc were 7 and 5 when dc3 was born. I found dc3 so much easier, the older 2 were at school giving me much needed 1 -1 time with baby. Also because he was dc3 I had am idea of what I was doing so didn't have the 1st time mum paranoia or the 2nd time mum stress of looking after a toddler and newborn. Dc3 fitted in with the routine we already had and it helped that he older 2 could in some respects look after themselves ie feeding toileting playing independently etc.
Go for it dc3 was the best decision we ever made smile

Clutterbugsmum Mon 28-Mar-16 22:16:56

Well I found going from 1 - 2 really hard, as dd1 was a very easy baby and DD2 was not, she screamed all the time. DD1 started nursery a week after I had dd2 as well.

But going from 2 - 3 quite easy manly as DS again is very easy going and just slotted in to our family.

hmmmcupcakes456 Mon 28-Mar-16 22:20:58

I'm sorry to say I found the opposite. 1-2 was a breeze 2-3 on the other hand- I'm still recovering nearly 2 years on! I had a smaller age gap between 2 and three though and with yours being older I would say go for it. It will be like enjoying an only child while DC are at school without the anxiety of being clueless! Enjoy smile

Chimchar Mon 28-Mar-16 22:25:07

I didn't struggle at all with 1-2, or 2-3. I really struggled with 0-1 though!

Three kids is bonkers though. The early days were a breeze in comparison to now they're older.

Don't underestimate it, but equally, I wouldn't be without my gang!

geordiemummyinoxford Tue 29-Mar-16 09:44:31

Thank you everyone - let's see what happens, I'm going to show this to hubby and fingers crossed he'll realise we can do it (yeah it'll be mental but for the fun and entertainment we'll get out of it it'll totally be worth it!!)

RueDeWakening Tue 29-Mar-16 10:32:30

I think there's pros and cons.

The move from 1-2 for us was super stressful but mostly related to dc2's premature birth and the fact he's a surviving multiple. DC1 was a few months away from turning 3 and very easy for the most part.

Going from 2-3 was easier - stressful due to pregnancy history, but not complicated iyswim. Dc2 was 3 and a couple of months by the time of the birth, dc1 was just turned 6. Having both older ones in school/preschool was good as I had some 1-2-1 time with the baby.

The main con is that they outnumber their parents so you need to trust the oldest to be more independent than perhaps you would otherwise - simple stuff like eg you don't have a spare hand for them to hold so you have to trust them to walk/cross roads independently. It's great though, mine are 8, 6 and 2 now and we wouldn't swap them well most of the time anyway grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now