Swimming nappy

(12 Posts)
Icklepickle101 Wed 23-Mar-16 16:06:22

I'm taking 9 week old DS for a dip in the pool tonight but his happy nappy hasn't arrived yet so I'm not 100% sure what to do. He has a happy nappy wetsuit but his arms and legs are bare.

Do I use a normal nappy under a swimming nappy or just the swimming nappy?

GrowAndRun Wed 23-Mar-16 16:07:47

Don't use a normal nappy. It will soak up the water

lavenderdoilly Wed 23-Mar-16 16:08:48

Just the swimming nappy. Can't wait to hear from others that this is the wrong answer. Have fun.

Touchacat Wed 23-Mar-16 16:10:40

Use a swimming nappy under the wet suit probably. Assuming the wetsuit is snug and would keep any leaks in (I'm talking poo leaks - bad news in the pool).
If not, don't go swimming and wait for the happy nappy to arrive.

HardleyWorthit Wed 23-Mar-16 16:11:17

Noooooo don't use a normal nappy!! I accidentally washed one once and it went HUGE. Supermarkets and boots sell disposable swim nappies- that will be fine under the wetsuit.

HardleyWorthit Wed 23-Mar-16 16:13:08

Actually... do use a normal one and be sure to report back.. wink grin

Icklepickle101 Wed 23-Mar-16 16:14:03

I'm so glad I asked, I was going to use a normal one underneath blush

Thank you for saving me the embarrassment!!

HardleyWorthit Wed 23-Mar-16 16:15:54

grin

Enjoy your swim.

chantico Wed 23-Mar-16 16:24:24

Some pools sell disposable swim nappies, so that might be your stop gap until the type you really want turns up (or stop at supermarket in the way there).

wheresthel1ght Wed 23-Mar-16 19:59:42

You will still need a swim nappy under the happy nappy!

My dd had awful allergy reaction to huggies swim nappies so I buy reusable ones from bambino mio, morrisons often sell them

Ditsy79 Thu 24-Mar-16 06:21:34

Swim nappy under the wetsuit.
We had a happy nappy and never used a swim nappy under it (I am pretty sure the point of the happy nappy is that you don't need to use swim nappies). We used the white happy nappy wrap with a paper nappy liner in it, then the neoprene part on top. Never had any leaks.

BikeRunSki Thu 24-Mar-16 06:41:41

The pool we went to wants 2 layers, and used to give us a disposable swim nappy in the cost of a baby swim. DS used to wear the disposable swim nappy an a Happy Nappy, because his legs were too skinny for the Happy Nappy to provide a "seal". The point of the Happy Nappy is to contain poo, which can get very liquid, very quickly in a swimming pool.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now