Fun ideas of things to do with 9 week DS over Easter

(16 Posts)
crunchymummy Tue 22-Mar-16 17:31:13

Open to boring or wild suggestions :-)

PotteringAlong Tue 22-Mar-16 17:33:54

They're 9 weeks old. They neither know or care. Just watch tv and eat chocolate in peace whilst you still can!

Questionsagaintoday Tue 22-Mar-16 17:37:34

What? 9 weeks old? Um not sure, eat chocolate to get energy to nurse or if bottle feeding maybe a nice walk which is what any Spring weekend would be about!

goes off ashamed that 5 month old DS has absolutely nothing planned for him the poor sod!!

DartmoorDoughnut Tue 22-Mar-16 17:38:53

The only thing our 18month old has planned is a visit to my parents over Easter weekend and other than that it'll be life as normal!

Akire Tue 22-Mar-16 17:42:57

Find an Easter egg that's bigger than them? Dress them up as Easter bunny

SoupDragon Tue 22-Mar-16 17:43:12

Put them in a bunny costume and take photos of them hidden in various spots in the garden/local woods/park.

EverySecondCounts Wed 23-Mar-16 21:20:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EverySecondCounts Wed 23-Mar-16 21:26:36

luckiestgirlintheworld Wed 23-Mar-16 21:28:24

Assuming you meant 9 month old OP?

NoCapes Wed 23-Mar-16 21:29:00

9 weeks?! You having a fucking laugh?! grin

coffeeisnectar Wed 23-Mar-16 21:32:49

9 weeks? Don't bother!

9 months? Don't bother!

9 years? Buy them chocolate and give them the password for netflix

It's going to rain anyway

CubicZirconiaBossyBabe Wed 23-Mar-16 21:39:16

First, do whatever usually makes them nap.
Then. When they nap, take a nap!

Put them on the floor & enjoy them staying where you put them while you can

Cook lunch. Don't put half of it in the bin (because youre not making a portion for your kid to reject yet.) That's fun.

Look around your house, take it in, enjoy. Right now it's tidier than it will be for a number of years to come.

Put the telly on. Your choice of tv station grin

Put the radio on. YOUR choice of radio station grin

Sing along to your fav song without being told to stop.

there's LOTS of fun things to do with a 9wk old :-D

Bringiton2016 Wed 23-Mar-16 21:45:56

Pub?

EverySecondCounts Wed 23-Mar-16 21:49:05

EverySecondCounts Wed 23-Mar-16 21:54:33

coffeeisnectar Wed 23-Mar-16 22:02:28

Just remember that you have loads of Easters to come. Loads of them. All the crap attractions that seem so much fun when they are 2 or 3 will still be there when they are 9 or 10. By which time they won't want to go there anymore and will be looking for you to take them to Legoland with every other family in the region where you will queue for fucking hours to go on a grand total of four rides all day. In the rain.

Oh and this year, my 10 year old has demanded requested an Easter Egg hunt with clues. I did this once. It messed my head up so badly trying to put the right stuff in the right place with the right clues and even think the damn things up. And I can't even use the garden this year because it's going to bloody rain.

We are going to the Dorset Wildlife Trust Easter egg hunt on Friday, the only day it's not going to be a monsoon. Then I'm going to do the Egg hunt at home on Sunday and then expect peace and quiet the rest of the day while she gorges herself on chocolate.

They haven't even broken up from school yet and I'm stressing about how to fill the next two weeks (and we are away twice for 3 days and two days).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now