When can my baby go on the park, and go on the baby swing,???

(16 Posts)
Katieemilyxo Fri 18-Mar-16 13:45:52

Hes 7 months old nearly 7 and a half , both stuck in doors was wondering if hes old enough to take on the children swings??

TwinsPlusAnotherTwo Fri 18-Mar-16 13:52:03

Yes - they can go on the swings when they can support their heads enough and not slump too much in the seat. Take an extra cost or something to keep him propped up in the swing as the seats are normally quite big for younger babies.

Enjoy!

Kim82 Fri 18-Mar-16 13:52:18

If he can sit up then he'll be fine

Ihatechoosingnames Fri 18-Mar-16 13:55:33

I put my 4 month old in it, she can hold her head up well so I just rolled a blanket up and put it behind her to support her back a bit. She sat well, didn't slump and loved it smile

SmellySourdough Fri 18-Mar-16 13:55:35

park -everyday
just go and take a picknick blanket.
swing- when he's able to sit. maybe there is even a 'crawly' climbing frame he can explore?

Katieemilyxo Fri 18-Mar-16 14:05:46

Thank you for all the help guys my partner said id be stupid at his age to take him on a swing I knew my gut instinct was right thank you on my way now!!x

Ohsotired123 Fri 18-Mar-16 16:01:35

I posted the exact same post on here 2 weeks ago. My dd is 7 months and I wanted to take her on the swings. I after hearing on here that I should go for it I took her and she seemed to enjoy it also she looked tiny in it lol.

lljkk Fri 18-Mar-16 16:02:26

very gentle swings. They adore it at that age.

moggle Fri 18-Mar-16 19:16:12

Definitely now! DD laughed like a drain on the swings. And she liked going down the slide with me holding onto her from the side at that age too (or sitting on my lap if the slide was big enough).

Iguessyourestuckwithme Fri 18-Mar-16 19:20:41

We put dc on the swing at the park when he was just short of 4 months. At 7.5 months he now loves the slide and roundabout too smile

happy2bhomely Fri 18-Mar-16 19:23:02

(or sitting on my lap if the slide was big enough).

Just wanted to say to be very careful about going down a slide with a little one on your lap. My ds (when he was 3) sat on my dd's lap coming down a slide. The sole of his trainer somehow stuck on the side of the slide and the weight of my dd meant he kept sliding. He sustained a nasty spiral fracture and was in a full leg cast for 10 weeks! The doctor in A and E said it was a very common accident.

Mine have always enjoyed swings from about 6-8 months.

happy2bhomely Fri 18-Mar-16 19:29:21

www.sheknows.com/parenting/articles/811844/why-sliding-with-kids-is-dangerous

moggle Fri 18-Mar-16 20:31:34

Well the trainer acting as a brake thing isn't just for sliding with others- my DD (now 16m) went down a small (1.5m) metal slide at the park last week and her shoes slowed her down so much she flipped head over heels. Luckily I was there to catch her but she'll be having her shoes taken off for slides until she learns to lift her feet!

Imeg Sun 20-Mar-16 13:20:25

Go for it - I took mine when he was younger than yours and I sat on the swing with him in the baby carrier and he loved it. Obviously I only went gently. He also loved going out and about in general, anywhere with people eg shopping centres, supermarkets, baby groups, on buses and trains.

Pinkheart5915 Sun 20-Mar-16 13:23:39

As long as baby can sit up will be ok. My ds is 6 months and he's been in baby swings and loved it

SueGeneris Sun 20-Mar-16 13:30:50

Has your park got those big bowl/basket swings? In which case you can lie DS on a coat on his back?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now